Kindal´s feature for Carolus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindal´s feature for Carolus

about the thing that you go inside an enemy city that has one of your unit...

it´s the first time done??
    has it ever done before??

I think that it is an awesome idea....
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Actually i don't hink it supposed to work that way. It is probably supposed to stop people from attacking (like copenhagen is defended by a protestant unit as well as a danish one, this makes the swedes unable to conquer copenhagen since they are allied to the protestants.)
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

He first used it in his WWI game. By putting a British unit in neutral Brussels, he ensured that the Brits would go to war if the Germans attacked Belgium, a Russian unit in Belgrade ensured Russian support if Serbia was attacked and so on. Very clever.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Yep, a very clever idea. I do not think anybody but him has used it. First time I saw it I thought he had made a mistake . I am afraid not many people know this trick. Time to tell the world via a SLeague tip?

Comment

I think so, I don´t anybody who was used it before me (and after), so I can say that.......I am the creator of it.....snifff,sniffff... I am very proud of it
          The only problem of it is that with MGE doesn´t work completly (I remember that you have MGE,don´t I, Henrik) it´s isn´t only a way to declare the war if you want to conquest some cities, if you are the ally of this city you can enter into this city and fortified or sleep your units, but you can´t change the production, the units, the name nothing about it, inside it. (but, again, i works only with FW)

Comment

Yep, I've tried to use it in a couple of ToT scenarios, but the bug (I think that's what it was), has been repaired. Too bad.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

kIndal, I am sure Cam would love to receive a note about this trick for the SLeague design tips. Almost nobody knows it, which is a pity. Many future scenarios could benefit from this trick.

Comment

I hate it when "features" stop working in a newer version. I only have MGE and civ 2 normal
                Oh well, I guess I have to live whit the fact that it only worklks halfway...
                No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Bee on 02-13-2001 07:36 PM
                  kIndal, I am sure Cam would love to receive a note about this trick for the SLeague design tips. Almost nobody knows it, which is a pity. Many future scenarios could benefit from this trick.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Bee on 02-13-2001 07:36 PM

I don´t know what is Cam´s email, if you say to me, i will send him an email.

Comment

Working...
                    X