Dip 53 African Diplomacy Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip 53 African Diplomacy Start

Ok, we have 6 players now, so let the game commence.

Standard game rules apply (UK, 2 season, with Summer and Winter adjustment phases). I'm British so I will use Autumn rather than Fall to designate season 2, but will obviously accept Fall in your orders. As usual (you all know the score), NMRs will not be tolerated - if you do NMR, all units will be HELD where they are (ie. orders will NOT be made up by me or any other neutral party). If you NMR 3 times during the game or twice in a row, you will lose your place and I will find a replacement to take over. I will accept orders before the deadline to either my email address (the_orange1@hotmail.com) or to my icq (109943271). I would recommend email at the weekend as I have dodgy icq access at home. Please state the game name or number and your nation in the title.

There are 36 supply centres in total, so 19 are needed for a solo. The game begins in Spring 2001.

A few points to clarify some map issues:
    - The Suez Canal through Eygpt is like the Kiel canal through Kiel.
    - Greece borders Turkey but NOT Italy
    - Mauritania does border Western Sahara Desert
    - Djibouti does border Addis Ababa, Eritrea, Somalia and GOA
    - Addis Ababa does NOT border GOA
    - Tanzania does NOT border Mitumbu Mountains
    - Mozambique does border Orange Free State
    - Uganda does *NOT* border Zambia. Thus, there is a narrow impassable area along the border between Mitumba Mountains and Tanzania (where the skinny part of Uganda now extends south to connect to Zambia) and Uganda then ends up only bordering Mitumba Mountains, Kisangani, Sudan, Kenya, and Tanzania.

I plan to use weekly deadlines to keep the game moving at a decent pace. I would appreciate your cooperation with this - ie, turn in your orders on time!! That said, Spring 2001 orders are due Thursday 12 April at 23:59 BST (that's GMT+1 by the way!!!). Because it's the first turn and relatively easy to decide what to do, there's no reason why your orders shouldn't be in before then (I already have one set in...).

Ok, below is a contact list - these are taken from your Apolyton profiles, so please post any changes here. Defiant, I know your profile email address is wrong, so I entered your most recent one - let me know if this needs changed. Thankyou all for joining the game and enjoy!!

GM: The Orange One
    email: the_orange1@hotmail.com

Saudi Arabia: Defiant
    email: defiant@charter.net

Libya: Napoleon
    email: nappy85@frontiernet.net

Ethiopia: The Hogfather
    email: dr_strangelove@uol.com.ar

Ivory Coast: Ruffhaus
    email: ruffhaus8@aol.com

Zaire: Gerwald
    email: caladbolgft@aol.com

South Africa: Midshipman
    email: scox@cpinternet.com
    [This message has been edited by the_orange1 (edited April 06, 2001).]
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

You have the right email address, would somebody please explain to me how I can change my profile email address, my limited mentality can't figure this, I assume very easy task, out.
    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Defiant, go to "Profile" at the top left of the page, put in your username and password and that gives you access to change your details - if you put in a new email address, it issues a new password though, to the new address. I think.... Hope this helps

Comment

Green side up, buddy!

Comment

Here's the map link again if you need it:
          http://www.geocities.com/the_orange1.../africaw00.gif

Comment

m_carreras@hotmail.com is my e-mail.

NEVER use the on in the profile, please.

Comment

Gents, changing one's profile is relatively easy. in the upper left corner just under the A of the Apolyton banner is a small blue line titled "profile." Click on that , enter your password, and edit away. Green side up, Polocks! Green side up.

------------------
              What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Apolyton does not accept Hotmail addresses (or other free e-mail sites) without special dispensation from the admins, so it's understandable that the Hogfather can't change his e-mail...
                All syllogisms have three parts.
                Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I don't think he actually Polish either... But if one doesn't wish to receive e-mail at an adress given in the profile, it might be a good idea to leave that line blank, eh?

Alas the Kergan said in a deep evil voice, "I know his [e-mail address!]"

------------------
                  What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

You all think I'm Polish???

LOL!

Comment

Proud Irish man here, ei!

Comment

Sorry, Hogfather. New email address noted.

Comment

Hey, Mr Orange!

Do you prefer ICQ or e-mail for orders to be sent?

Comment

Either email or icq is fine. However, be warned that I can't access icq at the weekend but I can get email, and since this is Easter, the weekend starts now, well, not now, but when I finish work at 1700GMT ish today (Thur), so I would recommend email at least this time. make sense?

Comment

Working...
                            X