San Andreas Diplomacy - F1901

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Andreas Diplomacy - F1901

OK. We have a new player for Turkey - WarVoid! In other news, Europe was relatively calm as each country proceeded to consolidate their supply centers, with spectacular results at both extremes. France received three builds, while Turkey tripped over himself to receive only one, and England and Germany collided in Holland to leave it the only neutral SC left in the game.

The map: http://www.geocities.com/lordstone1/...reas/f1901.gif

Austria (Midshipman) (2 builds)
    F Alb-Gre
    A Ser S F Alb-Gre
    A Vie-Gal (bounce)

England (Ruffhaus) (1 build)
    F Nwg-Nwy
    F Nth C A Edi-Hol
    A Edi-Hol (bounce)

France (Napoleon) (3 builds)
    F MAO-Por
    A Spa H
    A Pic-Bel

Germany (SnowFire) (1 build)
    A Ruh-Hol (bounce)
    A Kie-Den
    F Den-Ska

Italy (Defiant) (1 build)
    A Ven-Tyr
    A Apu-Ven
    F Ion-Tun

Russia (Victor Galis) (2 builds)
    F GoB-Swe(ec)
    A War-Gal (bounce)
    F Rum H
    A Ukr S F Rum

Turkey (WarVoid) (1 build)
    F Bla-Aeg (invalid, must move through Con)
    A Con-Bul (fail)
    A Bul-Gre (fail)

W1901 Builds (not Seismic Events) are due Thursday, January 18, 2001.
    The honorary duty of a human being
    is to love, I am human and nothing
    human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Just a note: I did not abandon this game.
    Please Visit:
    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

I perceived your ICQ message to be a sign that you were stepping out of the game. Next time you should explain your intentions more clearly. You won't be penalized for this game in the ADC rankings. It's one less game that you have to worry about.

Glad to see that you recovered from your illness well enough to post this message.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Polaris,
        Maybe now, you can get Shogun going again, nothing more annoying than having a good game and your GM up and leaves. Ruffhaus said he wouldn't cancel it if you picked it up quickly.
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Defiant, I want to, but there is so much that needs some touching up. Maybe you could help me out a bit sometime?

While doing that, I want to try a game I've had my French eyes on a while.

LS, I'm all better. Thanks.
          Please Visit:

Comment

In the case of Polaris dropping yet another Diplomacy game,I will defer to LordStone's judgement as to whether or not this consitutes an abandonment.

However, it needs to be said that the purpose of tracking abandonments and NMRs is not to punish players or to carry on grudges and flame wars. It's to provide our Diplomacy community with information as to who are reliable players and GMs, and which players can be counted on to see a game through.

Unfortunately Polaris has been unable to finish several games in our community, and that bears noting for the future. Most people would probably agree that overcommittment is the culprit here, and not an intent to sabotage the gaming environment. Still overcommittment is a serious problem to Diplomacy communities, and it's results are all too evident here.

If Shogun Diplomacy (and/or Carpe Diem) resurfaces with Polaris as GM, and completes 2 consecutive turns without interruption, I will remove it from the list of abandoned games by Polaris. However, these games might just be better off where they are, lest we restart only to stop again.

Comment

Polaris,
              Now there comes the contradiction, I have too many touch ups but in the meantime I would like try a new game, please just finish this game or some other one you started. If there are minor things I can help with like mapping or whatever, just ask. Being the GM you have to initiate the sequence of order.
              If you bit off more than you can chew, fine admit it, but don't go looking for more things. I must say, I will not join anymore of your games until you can show some reliability and consistency. You have outstanding maps and ideas but what the hell good are they if one can't finish playing them. It just take a little dedication, not that much to ask.
              Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

Carpe Diem wasn't abandoned. First off, I got into an accident. Second off, half the players (and... there are 5 players), three to be precise, did not give me my moves.

And I tried to start it up again, but got a response from only two of the players (surprise, surprise).

Fact of the matter is, LordStone misunderstood my ICQ message.
                Please Visit:

Comment

Defiant, what game do I have going now?
                  Please Visit:

Comment

Polaris
                    You have three of them NOW, that you posted that new one. Shogun, Carpe Diem and the new one, how about finishing the prior two before starting a new one and you are even talking about redesigning Shogun.
                    FINISH THE ABANDONED GAMES FIRST, PLEASE.

Comment

Defiant, do you listen?
                      1.) Shogun ended in a DRAW...
                      2.) Carpe Diem tried to come back, but only 2/5 players wanted to. The game WAS NOT abandoned, unless you can wave a magic wand and have a drunk driver appear in front of my car.
                      Please Visit:

Comment

Polaris,
                        Ruffhaus has not ended it in a draw, he has not awarded the draw points, neither has Snowfire, cause it would be rediculous to give points in this game, barely out of its infancy. Show me where the points have been awarded and I will agree with you.
                        Shogun has four very dedicated players, I, Ruffhaus8, Chazzy, Midshipman and only need to find a replacement for Bearcat.

Comment

The draw was posted and accepted.
                          The game is over. If you're dedicated, then you would want to be patient for the touched up version.

Now we've cluttered LordStone1's thread in addition to my thread.
                          Please Visit:

Comment

I don't mind if ppl clutter up my thread if it furthers the cause of responsible Diplomacy.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                            X