The World 2000: Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INDIA INVADES TIBET!

In a surprise move, India launched an offensive thrust deep into the heart of Tibet. This move has followed from China's increasing obliviousness, intolerance, and idiocy. Forces, supported by the air, and moving quickly throught the use of attack and transport helicopters, are moving east, towards Lhasa. Resistance has been isolated too a few dozen pockets of soldiers. Chinese immigrants to Tibet are preparing to move back into their homeland. Currently, exiled Tibetans from around the world are flying in to India, to begin their pilgrimage back home.

The Dalai Lama has been quoted in saying that the destruction is regrettable, and that hopefully peace will soon prevail.

The Indian government declared that it would move to occupy Tibet, but no other portions of China, so long as China doesn't invade Tibet for a second time.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

OOC: mono, didn't you already do that?

...and where is MIDDY!?
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Transnistria votes to join Ukraine

The people of Transnistria voted to join the Ukraine today. The quasi autonamous region, one of whose main reasons for independance was to become part of the Ukraine, had been occupied due to terrorist activities.

OOC: I'm back. As a point of information explosives would not disable the panama canal: you can't bomb a river. However a ship that was stuck in the middle would have effect...
        "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

OOC: Mao, perhaps I did, I'm so forgetful. . .

IC:
          Troops continued their push eastward, and are approaching the Hidden City, Lhasa. Resistance is increasing, as beleagured Chinese troops move into a defensive position. As is well known, China has been split into two opposing factions, in a civil war. This is assisting the Indian offensive, as Chinese military resources have been pulled out of Tibet, and to combat the ultra-communist rebels.

In related news, India and Pakistan have signed a formal treaty, and have decided to hold a referendum in the disputed Kashmiri-Jammil region. This will occur in a month's time, and will give the Kashmiris three choices, to join India, Pakistan, or become indipendent. Political analysts and polls predict Kashmir to either become indipendent or to join India.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

OOC: China isn't an NPC yet, so give Middy a chance to respond.

Comment

I aint got time to post, but....

In Tibet, there is an uneasy truce, as both sides combat Indian invaders. The fighting in the west is heavy. The fighting in the East is going to the nationalists. Remember that in future posts.

Buh-bye

------------------
              "Would you mind not shooting at the thermonuclear weapons?"
              But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
              If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
              He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
              But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

Bah humbug...now I gotta take on another war...mono, contact me via ICQ, I wanna ask you something about this.

Comment

Ukrainian Prime minister to visit Transnistria.

The Ukrainian Prime Minister is to visit the recently integrated area of Transnistria. While there he is expected to make a speech on improving the region's economy.
                  "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

OOC: Could everyone who is still playing please respond.

Comment

Working...
                    X