South Africa replacement needed for African dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Africa replacement needed for African dip

Due to Middie shipping out, a strong South Africa is up for grabs - please get in touch ASAP if you want to take over:

email: the_orange1@hotmail.com

Map is at: http://www.geocities.com/the_orange1.../africas02.gif

Last moves are at: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum19/HTML/002940.html?6

For the rest of you, the deadline remains Friday 11 May at 1159 GMT, but there will be an extension if I can't find anyone or if the new player needs some time - watch this space.
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

The other option is to let Hacksaw take South Africa (if he wants it) and leave Libya as a neutral - thoughts please....

Comment

Maybe South Africa as a neutral? I dont care lets just play.

Comment

If this is your choice, obviously Hacksaw should take the stronger one, of coarse I have a biased opinion but beyond that, Libya is falling and Hacksaw would have a better chance with S.Africa, just my two bits worth.
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Update - Iain Lindley has agreed to take over South Africa from next turn - Winter 2003 (thankyou!!!); Hacksaw will remain as Libya and the game is back on track again. Midshipman submitted orders for Autumn 2002, so I will adjudicate as planned at 1159 GMT tonight, so get in any order changes quick.

Iain, I would appreciate if you posted contact details HERE so I can add them to the next orders post. Thankyou again, and enjoy.
          [This message has been edited by the_orange1 (edited May 11, 2001).]

Comment

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Who is South Africa!!!! How can I diplomacy with anyone if the defunct sends orders and the new is different from who was originally asked!!!!

Comment

Ok Gerwald, I understand your frustration, but all I'm trying to do is keep the game running as quickly as possible with as little disruption from the changeovers as possible. Midshipman made it clear to me that he was leaving on Tuesday 15 May, thus allowing him to submit orders for the fall turn. - I let this happen because all the other orders were already in and this saves us having to put up with an extension. Iain Lindley has agreed to take over South Africa from the Winter turn and contact details are in the Fall moves post. I considered finding a replacement for such a strong country as South Africa important to the game and think I've done quite well getting a replacement so quickly. As to your other concerns (in your other post) about NMRs and extensions, I did the above to avoid an extension, which it has, and I have already replaced someone for NMRing twice. I try to stick to these deadlines as strictly as possible and will only give extensions if there is a damn good reason. So please bear with me, I'm doing the best I can.

Comment

I understand you are doing the best you can as the GM. I recognize this and appreciate such. My contention is that the players need to be more organized. If a player knows he is leaving, the club rules state that he should find a replacement. Lindley as South Africa is fine. Hacksaw as a speed bump in the North is fine. I will put up a good fight or become fast friends with Lindley and Ruff. We shall see.

Comment

Gerwald, I am sorry for having to leave. I got bumped up 45 days for departure on May 4th, so when I started this game, I thought I would have time to finish
                  But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
                  If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
                  He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
                  But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

Working...
                  X