Civilization Diplomacy Winter 3200 Builds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MDR,
    Geocities changed something and Lordstone is better explaining it than I am, some techy stuff. Anyway what I do is click the map URL and the box comes up saying and error of some type and the way we(I) have been getting around it, is by copying the URL to the address location and it will sometimes come up that way or I have to put an fp where the www spot is or refreshing the www and then the map will come up. With Shadow's, none of that has worked for me and if you have any suggestions I am all ears, it is frustrating.
    [This message has been edited by Defiant (edited March 28, 2001).]
    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Well, I tested out a little trick...put two completely different website links down in this post. I hadn't viewed them in a while, so they weren't in cache...

I had no problems connecting to either website (they both had graphics & text), and I did it using a 56k Modem through Netscape 6...

What browser package are you using?
      [This message has been edited by MDR (edited March 28, 2001).]
      "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
      -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Comment

The one here at work is Internet Explorer and I believe mine at home is the same, the litte "e" with the swirl around it, for us non computer geeks
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

Here is exactly what I get,
          I click Shadow's site for the map, then
          the message "Nothing to see here. Move along, buddy". It goes on to say that it can not find my page.
          So I then take that URL and copy it to my address and hit return and the same message comes up. Everything I try the same message comes up, here is the exact URL I copy. http://www.9ug.com/404.html?/civw3200.gif
          Is this your URL once you get the map up, MDR?

Comment

This is the exact URL address from my machine:
            http://shadowstrike.9ug.com/civw3200.gif

I do a drag copy with the cursor.
            "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
            -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Comment

Thanks Michael,
              That is a new trick or function I didn't know, it works. I always tried to right click and the only copy command I got was Copy Shortcut. That's why I would click on the URL and copy that address to the address bar. Well, whatever works, it helps, thanks again!

Comment

Does this mean that the Fornicating Souix will get off their Sitting Bull, mount their Crazy Horse, and submit orders anytime soon?

Comment

Hey! Hey! Hey!
                  Listen leader of the Condum of Khitaia we the Fighting Sioux have learned how to build a Battleship in Hawaii, thought that would get your attention.
                  We are waiting for Sir Lordstone.

Comment

Prepare to have your canoes overturned, Sitting Donkey!

Comment

Heavily armored canoes to you big boy! Sling slots are armed and to the ready!

Comment

Shadowstrike,
                        You might want to get a temp replacement for Lordstone to do this season's moves to keep the game going, that is what I am probably going to do in Domination, we don't know when he will be back online

Comment

I'll see what I can do....
                          *grumbles about work*

Comment

I'm back. Submitting moves now. Thank you for waiting.
                            The honorary duty of a human being
                            is to love, I am human and nothing
                            human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                            X