So much for stories on this forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for stories on this forum...

Really... what was the last story that surpassed five new threads in here?

Maybe you all should learn Diplomacy and join the real fun - happy stabbing

Comment

Diplomacy... pah, it's for the Risk/Axis and Allies wannabes

Comment

Veda, we'd stomp your ass in either game! Risk is a great game, but Diplomacy is better because there is no luck involved. You live or die on your own skill and wit. There's nothing wrong with A&A either, but it's nowhere close to Diplomacy. As for stories, my daddy quit telling me stories when I well but a wee lad...

Comment

Dip is fun, I might just get back into it.

The problem with story threads is that the only thing they're good for is stories-I mean real stories, pages and pages of narritives. That is fine and dandy, but there aren't many people who have the time or the inclination to do that much creative writing on a daily basis. 'War' threads have died. A mere thread is not enough space to contain such complex geopolitical simulations as the ones we now run. For a war forum (what they're now called) you need a forum.
          A plane ticket to Afghanistan: $800
          A high powered sniper rifle: $1000
          A hotel with accessible roof and visibility: $100
          A shot at the head of a piece of **** like Osama bin Laden: Priceless. For everything else there's Master card.

Comment

Darth Veda....be gone or we will be forced to taunt you again!

Comment

Stories... on the S&D? What role have stories on a Stories and Diplomacy forum? Clearly you are mistaken this is the Diplomacy forum. The Stabbing and Diplomacy forum
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

I have to say, I agree with DarthVeda. From what I know, I registered here just a few weeks after the end of the glory days of story threads. I have fond memories for even the few story threads I was here for. I would love to see story threads here again! I hate those overcomplicated monstrosities that are story forums. I long for a good old story thread!
                -GeoDan

Comment

It's not gonna happen. All the serious story posters have migrated to the Frontier anyway...

------------------
                  Be young, think smart, stay true and just follow your heart

Comment

All the smart posters have migrated to the Frontier.

Comment

Axis & Allies involves 10x the skill of Diplomacy.
                      Please Visit:
                      http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Hardly, Polaris. But I guess we can chalk your delusions up to that fever that's got you bedridden, eh?

Comment

Working...
                        X