ADCT Game A: Fall 1906 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADCT Game A: Fall 1906 Results

Now, this is how the game should run... I mean this fast.

Russia:

A StP S A Mos
    A Mos S A StP

(no change)

Germany:

F Bal-GoB
    A Hol H
    A Kie-Mun (bounce; dislodged, can retreat: Ber, OTB)
    A War-Sil
    A Bel-Ruhr

(no change)

England:

F Hel S F Den-Kie
    F Den-Kie
    F Nth-Hol (move fails)
    A Edi H
    F Nor-Swe
    F Swe-Den

(1 build)

France:

A Bur - Mun (move fails)
    A Pic H
    A Pie - Tus
    A Ven supports Turkey F Adr - Tri (Invalid Order Support)
    F Gol supports Turkey F Ion - Tyn

(1 build)

Italy:

A Apu->Rom
    F Tyr S F Nap (cut, dislodged, retreats: WMed)
    F Nap S F Tyr

(1 disband)

Turkey:

F Tunis supports F Ionian Sea - Tyrhennian Sea
    F Ionian Sea - Tyrhennian Sea
    F Agean Sea - Ionian Sea
    F Adriatic Sea supports A Albania - Trieste
    A Albania - Trieste (move fails)
    A Serbia supports A Rumania - Budapest
    A Rumania - Budapest
    A Sevastapol - Ukraine
    A Armenia - Sevastapol

(1 build)

Austria:

A Bud-Ser (dislodged, retreats: Gal)
    A Vie-S A Tri
    A Tri-S A Bud-Ser (Support cut)

(1 disband)

Retreats are due ASAP.
    Builds/Disbands are due by Friday night.
    Moves are due Monday (by midday).
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Victor Galis (edited July 27, 2000).]</font>
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Victor Galis (edited July 27, 2000).]</font>
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Argh... I screwed up. A Bel went unordered in Spring and I forgot about it, but it really does exist, and it was ordered to Ruhr... sorry for the confusion.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Here's the Fall 1906 map (with retreats):

http://www.geocities.com/ruffhaus8/ADCTA/ADCTF06M.gif

Comments:

German A Belgium - Ruhr noted

[This message has been edited by RUFFHAUS8 (edited July 27, 2000).]

Comment

I'll retreat to WMed.
        All syllogisms have three parts.
        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Argh... Bearcat won't respond, so I'll be forced to play the right retreat for him (well not right in terms of direction on the board ).

Winter retreats:

Germany:
          A Kie-OTB

Italy:
          F Tyn-WMed

Austria:
          A Bud-Gal

I still need one build from Germany, and a disband from Austria.
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Victor, if you want me to take over for your too-often-late Germany, I will PROBABLY accept -- once I know some more details.

In the meantime, why don't you go ahead with the obvious build of Army Munich. If I'm not mistaken, it's a no-brainer -- England's in Kiel, I'm in Berlin, so only Munich is available, and I certainly can't build a fleet there.

So it's either that or waive the build, and waiving it would be a very bad move.

I think about all I have to know before I commit to the position are some simple details. Are you using email or IRC chat for your press communication? (I'm not set up for chat.) How long are your deadlines between moves? Is it a standard game or are there some variant rules I should be aware of?

That's all I can think of for now. I do want to compliment you guys for a great looking map, though. Best I've seen yet.

Comment

Stu, check with Victor on this, but he just informed me that the army shown in Berlin did not retreat from Kiel to Berlin, but OTB. Therefore the map has been updated, and I beliew NOW you owe the GM a build.

BTW, I'm playing Turkey in this game. You can find my e-mail address (and those of other players) by clicking on the profile button on the top of their posts. But to save you the step, my e-mail is RUFFHAUS8@aol.com. That screen name works for AIM (instant messages) as well. Most Apolyton players have ICQ for chat. The address numbers for ICQ can be found on the profiles as well.

I believe the current player roster is:

Austria - Hacksaw
              England - Boshko
              France - Napoleon Bonaparte
              Germany - Stu White
              Italy - Snowfire
              Russia - LordStone1
              Turkey - RUFFHAUS8
              GM - Victor Galis

Comment

A Ber doesn't really exist. It's a mistake in the map (A Kie retreats Ber was assumed).

So, the build choices are actually A/F Ber, A Mun.

"I think about all I have to know before I commit to the position are some simple details. Are you using email or IRC chat for your press communication?"

-ICQ is the preffered chat, though I think e-mail is also used.

France - Napoleon (TNapoleon@aol.com / forgot his ICQ #)
                England - Boshko (dboshko@wesleyan.edu /37211450)
                Turkey - Ruffhaus (you prolly know how to reach him)
                Russia - LordStone1 (lordstone1@yahoo.com /11591748)
                Austria - Hacksaw (forgot his e-mail/45630676)
                Italy - Snowfire (snowball56@worldnet.att.net /35476699)

"How long are your deadlines between moves?"

-More than half a week, but less than one week, they are not standard, and extensions will be granted if requested. I'm not extremely strict about the deadlines usually, but more than a day or so will get you NMRed.

"Is it a standard game or are there some variant rules I should be aware of?"

-Just standard.
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

err... right:

You can contact me at: victorg@aol.com, or on AIM victorg, or via ICQ 47756253. I accept moves through e-mail and/or ICQ only though (I tend to lose them otherwise).
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

I'm still here, I'm still here. Sorry I'm late. If Victor wants a retreat I can get it to him.

Comment

(embarrassed smiley (I wish I knew how to do it)).

Sorry... trying to sort out the replacement mess now... I think I need to allow Bearcat/Frymire/Barbarossa to continue (36 hours of absence is not enough to kick anyone out)... Hmmm... I'll see if I can get you into any other game. If Mancunian restarts, Turkey's a nice pity position, or you could have my Russia if that doesn't work.

Mancunian is the game where I pulled off the most unexpected stab of Austria ever. Not even I saw it comming (I could have sworn I sent the order change in, but apparently I didn't )
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Hey, Barbarossa. Sounds like we just heard from an interested party. And since I didn't see your name on the list of players, I've got to assume you're the old Germany.

Victor, what do you want to do? I'm cool either way. The game sounds like it'd be fun, but do you really want to boot Barbarossa from the game?

Your call. Just let us know.

Comment

I think I will keep Barabarossa. Sorry I got a little over zealous in the quest for making room for new people to play...
                          -Joan Robinson

Comment

OK, Victor, fine by me. Especially in a game with press, getting a replacement when you don't really need one can make some really jarring changes to the game. So I've gotta agree with your call.

No rush on finding another game for me as a replacement player. You've got my email address in case something turns up. And besides, what I was *really* looking for was even *more* of a mercy position than Germany in this game. Germany's still got a good chance here, after all. Even if the momentum is swinging hard against him.

For my first try in a game on these Apolyton forums, I basically want a position that's really got virtually *no* chance to survive.

I shouldn't have long to wait, since those are usually the first kinds of positions to go begging, and the hardest to fill -- not many people want a position they can't win with.

Or maybe I'll dig up a game on my own, if I root around in the Apolyton forums enough.

Comment

Austria in this game may soon be free, if Hacksaw doesn't answer, but I'm sure he will... sooner or later...

England in 22 was such a position, though when I say no chance, I mean NO chance in hell. Our new replacment took over a 5 center England on a Postmodern Map. It was too late for England though, one SC was taken by Spain with no trouble, and not about to be given back. And Germany and I (Nigeria) were deadset on the crushing of England (4 disbands), now it's a one center power with about 6 hostile fleets within 2 moves of Liverpool, but I'm getting off-topic.
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                              X