No announcement yet.

Age of Feudalism: Europe 1000 AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be willing to be mod, but that is if anyone wants me.

Comment

• Are we ever going to get this on?
      But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
      If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
      He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
      But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

• Warvoid, Sarai did not even exist in 1000 AD, or if it did, it was a tiny and inconseqential village. Khazaran-Atil, on the other hand, was a huge metropolis for its time. It was a trade center for merchants from all over Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. It was also very diverse. There were Christians, Jews, Moslems, Buddhists, Pagans, and Turkic Shamanists living together there in peace. This story thread needs realism. The Khazar Kagan would not move his capital from this wonderful city to a tiny miserable village.

Also, Warvoid, you should know that around 850 AD the Khazar Kagan and a very large percentage of his subjects converted to Judaism. Believe me on this, I have researched the Khazars extensively. By 1000 AD Judaism was so prevalent among the Khazars that Hebrew had become the language used by most of the common people, not just the leaders.

------------------
        -GeoDan, Apolyton Geography Expert
        AKA GeoDude

My E-Mail: Dannyboy@unbounded.com
        -GeoDan

Comment

• In response to Bearcat and Midshipman:

I will be the chief mod, but for co-mod, I am deciding between Warvoid, Bearcat, and ScottF. Any suggestions?

We will wait a week or so to see if more people register and to allow people to do some research. Remember, historical accuracy is essential. So, please try to attract new participants and do research.

If anyone needs some info, simply post aa request here and I'll try to get it for you.

-GeoDan
          -GeoDan

Comment

• Could someone please give me a hint on where i could find something about Ireland in the year 1000?

Comment

• Your Public Library Seriously. Go to your nearest public library and ask the librarian for books on Irish history.

Comment

• It was before the Normans took it over. Ireland was ruled by counties (families). That's kinda all you need to know.

------------------
                Administrator at
                www.quantum9.com
                Visit the forums!
                www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

• I'll take the Fatmids. FYI, most of the Islamic nations, with the exception of the Emirate of Cordoba, of course, were Fatmid dependencies. God Damn whoever took the Emirate of Cordoba, I wanted it. *grumbles*
                  Long Live Nippon!http://www.fotw.net/images/jp^gsfc1.gif

Comment

• Remember, by 1000 AD the Fatimid's internal power had declined considerably.
                    -GeoDan

Comment

• njnjenjenje. I'm the Emir of Cordova

BTW GDan, you have any info about Cordova? I'm going to the library today, but some links wouldn't hurt if you have the time
                      Fire and ice and death awaiting. But he was steel, he was steel.

Comment

• Well, in case anyone wonders how Cordova looks around 1000. It's almost at the end of it's golden age. In 929 it has seperated itself from the Sultan. The third king Hisham III was under the influence of Al Mansoer. This was a chamberlain (that the right word?) He defated Barcelona and Coimbra, and even conquered Santiago de Compostella. He died however in 1023. Afterbhis death the Califath fell apart in small Taifas, who fell one by one to the christian states, as the divided christian states had fallen to the Arabs. I will play from the viewpoint of Al-Mansoer. and Castilia will be my prime concern. (Had some troubles there recently, I'll read about it and tell you more)

So, happy GeoDan?

Comment

• bumpie bumpie bumpie.

Geodan, get this thing roling please, I didn't borrow this book for nothing

Comment

• ok, ok, just give me one more week to finish the map and find a co-mod.

Anyone want to be co-mod? You must have to know a lot about this time period, especially the militaries of each country and how they worked. You will also have to do a lot of research. Anyone want the job?
                            -GeoDan

Comment

• I'll be co-mod if you want.

And get this thing goin before I do it myself...

------------------
                              THE BEST THING SINCE FIRE
                              Strategic Gaming Forums

-WarVoid
                              President of the Republic of Antarctica
                              Direct Democracy Independent Micronation
                              Our hompage
                              The ROA
                              Join today.

Remember Black Saturday

Comment

• So.....

Ah.........

Yeah.........

Is this going to start soon?
                                But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
                                If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
                                He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
                                But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

Working...
                                X