How do you change unit names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you change unit names?

For instance, i would like to rename Paratroops to Rangers and Marines to SEALs...etc.
    How can i change these so the game will use the new names rather than the default names?
    Thanks for your help.....(If any....lol)

Edit the file, rules.txt
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

That's right. And if you have Fanatstic Worlds, you can do it in the game, too.

------------------
      Concordia res parvae cres****.
      CFC Official Reviewer

Comment

Be sure to use Notepad (or whatever the Mac equivalent is if you play on a Mac) to edit the rules.txt. The Fantastic Worlds/MGE rules editor has a bug in it that corrupts the rules.txt if you rename anything (units,improvements,advances) in it.

------------------
        "There is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp."
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

Be careful when editing rules.txt The game will fail to load if you do something wrong with the file. Make a backup copy first.
          *grumbles about work*

Comment

Yeah, but what the game does is to edit the rules.txt for you I have MGE btw

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Gothmog on 03-22-2001 04:59 PM
              Be sure to use Notepad (or whatever the Mac equivalent is if you play on a Mac) to edit the rules.txt.

Mac equivalent is called "Simple text", but if you have "BBedit" use that instead.
              [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited March 23, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
              X