Map of Europe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map of Europe...

I need a large map of Europe. I know that there are plenty of maps depicting europe around, but none of them has all the features I need. Most of them cut of Scandinavia and the ones that doesn't use too little space for the central part of the continent.
    I'm going to make a scenario about Europe after 1648 (the same month as the peace ending the 30 years war was signed a new major conflict had started to grow in the Polish/Lituaian comonwealth, one that got almost every power in europe involved).
    Annyway, if you are a map maker and you are reading this please help!
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

The last map I made (The small one for "Old and New") I had access to highly detailed satellite images of the earth due to my job. I don't have that job anymore, but if I can find something similar on the web, (which I think I can, I just fear the detail might not be as good) I feel I could make a feasable map of any part of the world. What I need are vegetation and elevation models with enough detail to get most of the map squares.

I would certainly want to help your scenario along anyway I can, Henrik. One good turn deserves another.

--Snog

Comment

It sounds very interesting, don´t doubt in ask me for anything you want.
      You can take the map which i have used for my scenario Carolus Invictissimus , it is one of the largest and almost all Scandinavia appears.

Comment

I've got a map of Europe that I used for my scenario "To End All Wars 2" (As you're a Mac player, you may have seen it.) It's got all of Scandinavia, and runs about as far east as central Russia and has just the tip of North Africa. Give me your email address and I'll send it to you.

------------------

----------------------------------------
        EchoPapa's scenarios are available at the ACS Mac Site
        and
        Visit the Institute for Naming Children Humanely at inch.stormpages.com
        ----------------------------------------
        EchoPapa's scenarios are available at the ACS Mac Site
        and
        Visit the Institute for Naming Children Humanely at inch.stormpages.com

Comment

I think I will go for the Carolus map.
          It reflects europes geography in the 16-17th century very nicely.

Comment

Hey, I am in the process of making a TYW scenario, so I am very interested in how your's will turn out.

I can't wait to see it, I will send you the map that I used for my scenario when I get home, although, Scandinavia is cut off so you probably won't want it.

Peace.
            "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Hehe both the 30years war scenario creators have offered to help.
              [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited January 22, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
              X