Fanatic units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanatic units

Hello, All. I made a scenario/mod pack where Fundamentalism is called Theocracy. There are fanatic units that are only supposed to be built by Theocracies, but as soon as I get the advance, I am able to build them. I checked the rules.txt, and the 1 is in the fourth spot of the abilities. Is this unit supposed to be in the same slot as the original Fanatics? Any ideas what I could be missing?
    Thanks,
    Jesse T

In my modpack (also contains Theocracy btw ) I used one of the extra tech slots and called it "Fanaticism". Then I made the unit dependent on the discovery of that tech, while the government is available earlier. Works perfectly so far.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jatdrago on 01-16-2001 01:22 AM
      Is this unit supposed to be in the same slot as the original Fanatics?

Wait, are you saying that you have more than one unit that can be built with Theocracy, or that you moved it?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Theben on 01-16-2001 01:49 AM
        Wait, are you saying that you have more than one unit that can be built with Theocracy, or that you moved it?

One such unit. I moved it. Thanks.

Comment

The Fundamentalist flag that can be set for individual units only determines whether the unit has free support under a Fundamentalist government or not.

The only unit that can ONLY be build by a Fundamentalist(your Theocracy) government is the unit placed in unit slot 9(original Fanatic slot) - and no other unit slot will work like that.

You could of course use the TOT unit flags for making a unit available only to certain civs, or make an exclusive tech(needed to build the unit in question) and make that tech available only to the civs that should be able to build the 'Fanatic' unit.

[This message has been edited by CyberChrist (edited January 16, 2001).]

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I thought it might be the slot. Now, I'll prob just leave it free support, to ease the minds of my playtesters.
            Jesse T

Comment

Working...
            X