Rulers Titles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rulers Titles...

How is the best way to go about changing the titles of rules in a scenario? i know you can do this with the rules.txt, but i was hopeing not to have to circulate a copy!! i know you can change you're own civs titles when you start a game (but not scenario) so does this hold true even after the game has been saved as a scenario and restarted? is there a way to change the titles on the cheats drop down menu? or can i just do the one (the civ i started with)?
    cheers guys,
    "There are not more than 5 musical notes..." - Sun Tzu
    ...and we build an Academy for this guy... :confused:

The only other way to change titles is through FW. You can change the name of the CIV and leader through the edit king on cheat mode. It might be somewhere else in there but I can't think of it now.

------------------
    What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what its all about?

Contact me at cpoland@mail.win.org

Comment

If you go to Edit King on the cheat menu, you can change the name and title of any ruler IIRC.
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

The "Leader title costumation" at the beginning of a new game only works for the tribe you start with, I think, but this should be sufficient in most cases. I haven't used this feature for ages, though, so I might be wrong.

If you want to change them for all Civs, there seems to be no way around changing the titles given below "@GOVERNMENTS" in the rules.ger file, which is straightforward to adjust.

However, if you want to have individual leader titles different for special civs, Civ2 shows a very strage bug, described by Gothmog at http://members.xoom.com/fambans/index.html
        (with a way to fix the problem)
        Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Working...
        X