no Mahattan Project please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no Mahattan Project please

In the standard ww2 scenario you can build one wonder only; the Manhattan Project. Many of you like to nuke, but not me. It stinks. I want to remove the Manhattan Project as a buildable wonder and replace it with the Cure for Cancer. How do i do this?
    I tried having the MP become obsolete with Alphabet so building nukes wouldn't be an option. But that didn't work, you could still build nukes. I don't want any nukes in my game.

------------------
    ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?

quote:

Originally posted by AkwaticDudeCity on 05-14-2000 01:32 PM
    I don't want any nukes in my game.

Instead of worrying about the wonder, worry about the unit. Put a big fat nil for it in the rules.txt, and it should not be able to be built.

Venger

Comment

Actually making nukes have a "nil" there will allow everyone to build them. You were thinking of "no". Ditto for the wonder.

------------------
      "The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on"
      "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

Or, of course, just put "no" in the rules.txt file in the prereq field for Manhattan...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Livings on 05-14-2000 02:29 PM
          Actually making nukes have a "nil" there will allow everyone to build them. You were thinking of "no". Ditto for the wonder.

Doh!!! Indeed - boy that was damn near a catastrophe!!!

Venger

Comment

Hey, thanks everyone. Just checked if it works. It does
            I like it better that way. I've had quite a few SP games where the AIs were nuking each other to smithereens, and all i could do was watch and suffer the consequences.
            But now i'll be ok

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X