easy Europe map creation, and new units too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy Europe map creation, and new units too

I have some new files up at the Cradle of Civilization site (http://civ.cx/). One is a collection of 82 Dark Age era units. I previously posted these on the same site in a ToT version (using more colors and bigger size), but these are scaled to work for non-ToT formats.

The second needs a bit more explaining. Used with the program BMP2MAP (and soon to be changed so it will fit with Mercator's new BMP map editor), it allows one to make a map of any part of Europe, North Africa, or the Middle East easily. Basically, its a very large map of that whole area with lots of detail, converted into the format BMP2MAP likes. You select an area you want to make a map for, shrink it down to the size Civ2 allows, run it through BMP2MAP, and you've got yourself an instant map. If you pick a large area like all of Europe, a good amount of tweaking will be necessary afterwards, if you pick a small area, less adjustments should be needed.

I hope this will make inaccurate maps a thing of the past, at least for the greater Europe area where most scenarios are based.

but I thought terrain square had specific colors in the editor, like blue for ocean and other colors that wouldn't look anything like their terrain counterparts on a normal map?
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

The color problem is one of the reasons BMP2MAP hasn't been used that much. One has to change all the colors of a map to only a handful of colors, all rather odd choices, for BMP2MAP to read them correctly. For instance ocean has to be a certain shade of black.

But with my map I did that, so what looks black when you open the map in a graphics editor will become nice blue ocean after BMP2MAP converts it to .mp format. Ditto with all the other colors.

Comment

Working...
      X