Trying to create a super unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to create a super unit

Has anyone been able to create an amphibious unit that can move/attack on both land and water? Thanks!

It's called a helicopter!
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

It sounds like what you want is a domain 3 unit. A domain 3 unit acts like a helicopter, except that it doesn't take damage if it ends its turn outside a city. To create one, open the "units.txt" file and change the "domain" parameter of the unit to 3.
      main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
      i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

Thanks a whole lot Mark!

Comment

Does the AI use D3 units, or what?
          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Another way, which I think will do this, is to create a sea unit with the amphibious assault flag toggled. It can move onto land and sea, and I think it can attack on both...

-Khan
            "Veni, vidi, vici pro tempore"
            "E pluribus, tyrannum"
            Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
            -KhanMan

Comment

Good call! Do you think that that would work with sea units that had been given "merchant" or "trade" capabilities? Would, for example, a city built in WORLD.mp's Hawaii location be able to get a rival civ's ship to go into it as long as that ship was a) a Trade unit and b) amphibious?

Sorry for posting questions that would be obvious to answer with my own copy of Civ2, but my brother Torillus has nabbed my only flipping copy!

------------------
              "In all creation, there can be no task more onerous or tedious than that of playing God." - Stephen Fry, 'The Liar'.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Hmmmm...I think the result would be a yes, but the trade capacity for a unit would be it would be, in effect, an amphibious caravan: totally worthless for attacking a city, but able to do trade routes.

I don't know, though, so I'll check and get back to ya!

-Khan
                "Sic semper pax mundis"
                Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
                -KhanMan

Comment

I didn't know you could have a "Domain 3" unit - that's something I may use.

Comment

Working...
                  X