Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm confused... stupid events! Help, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also just want to add to my previous post. Constanople was captured by the Ottoman Turks with the use of a large cannon, wait not large but the largest cannon ever built. Took something like 100 men to move it and 50 men to load the thing. Create one cannon for the ottomans by the eveents with a huge factor for hit power and fire power with an attack of 20. This good be created with the new event file which the city wall unit event wouldn't be in..
    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Can you read my mind? Or what? How did you know I had such an event in the first place?
      Man, I have to check my virus-protection!

To be serious:
      Yes, I have planned to include something like that. I want to make life for the Player difficult. I'm only still looking for a good way to make it happen. I mean it would not be so nice if I created that canon when the Byzantines are in fact about to destroy the Ottomans in the scenario and not vice versa.

Oh, btw I tried your idea with that wall unit and it works quite nice. I think I keep it.

And to all a good new year! Have fun celerating! I know I will!
      [This message has been edited by Hendrik the Great (edited December 31, 1999).]
      The Lost Geologist Blog
      http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

All those physic phone calls really paid off. j/k

Actually, I'm really looking forward to playing your scenario.

happy new years everyone.

Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

For the original question of cannon damage wall:

Make two barb air units 0a 99d and high hit points right next to the city (barb mountain). Only the big cannon has 'can attack air unit' flag.

Give the cannon low attacking points. Using the cannon to attack the barb mountain and it will lose and it will be the only chance to lose a unit with triggerattacker=barbarian. This can trigger three events: Money -80, recreate cannon, create a cruise missile (range=2, destroy after attack). Use the missile to attack your enemy. Text: Cannon is on the wall and ready to fire! But it causes damage to the walls and repairing costs 80 golds.

If the barb mountains were destroyed instead you can recreate them and put a text 'Cannon was too heavy that we could not put them on the wall right now!

The problem with this is that you can accrue missiles so you are not restricted to fire only once per turn. An alternative is to create one missile (air unit) 3 spaces away from the city (and any other cities) with range 2. So it will never make to the city and will be destroyed after one turn. you may need to use another civ to produce another type of 'barb mountain' so you can make your missiles appear on another spot (firing at another direction).

BTW, this idea can be used in 'teleporting' certain types of units (i.e., can attack air flag=1 units). Just change the event to recreating cannon somewhere else.
          [This message has been edited by Xin Yu (edited January 10, 2000).]

Comment

Nice idea! However, I have already found a solution that more or less does what I want.

Thanks anyway!
            The Lost Geologist Blog
            http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
            X