Barbarian Attacks & Modpacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian Attacks & Modpacks

I've created a modpack for my personal use & I've had problems w/some barbarian attacks. I replaced crusaders & replaced their rules.txt & units.gif slots w/jet fighters. Unfortunately, once I discovered theology, I got a barbarian raiding party of jet fighters! How can I avoid this problem?

If you are going to keep the barbarians in the game you have to be very carful what unit slots you use. I have writen a paper describing all the techs and how they relate to barbarian appearance. http://mrtemba.civnation.com:666/bp.doc

There are a couple of ways to fix the problem, but the best is to have something more appropriate then a jet fighter in the crusader slot.
    Another is to give the industrialization tech at the start of the game, this will jump the barbarian order of appearance over the crusaders to musketeers and cannon slots.

------------------
    "Bite the wax tadpole."
    -Coca-Cola as originally translated into Chinese
    I tried to make a Starship Troopers scenario but it turned out to have a lot of bugs in it. ;)

Comment

You almost said it yourself. Simply replace Jet Fighters with something weaker. (Such as, Crusaders )
      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Working...
      X