No announcement yet.

Playtesters wanted for modern scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case: The "invisible unit" problem that Grothgar describes is probably caused by Event-file-created units. If the location coordinates in the event file place a unit on an even-odd numbered tile, they go into some kind of twilight zone. They can move around the map and have a ZOC, but otherwise generally are something you want to avoid. Check the map and you'll see that all tiles are numbered even-even or odd-odd, so it's not surprising the game has trouble dealing with units on non-existant even-odd tiles.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by master on high on 05-15-2001 09:45 PM
      You need the Tu-16/H-6 cos it's the mainstay of the PRC's nuclear strike forces...

Whilst that was the original reason I included them, I've since removed all nuclear weapons from the game and kept the H-6's becuase even though they're totaly obselte, over 120 are still in service and they continue to make up a major part of China's conventional strike force, and would play a major role in any war fought over the huge distances of Russia and Asia. (BTW, India also has a few H-6's)

Kull, Thanks for your suggestion, there's no way that 960 units would cause the game to crash so I'll go through the events file and fix this problem.

Grothgar, I'd love any more units you have -that last set was like a dream come true
      I intentionally made the NATO navies have an unlimited number of Aeigis Cruisers in order to represent the United States Navy's huge superiority to the Chinese Peoples Liberation Army Navy.
      Out of curiosity, did you also have problems dealing with the Russian Pacific Fleet? When I play Russian subs kick the stuffing out of my fleet in turn two.

------------------
      If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error
      -John Kenneth Galbraith
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

This scenario sounds very interesting, I asked to playtest it earlier, do you not need anymore playtesters?

If not, good luck, waiting eagerly for it's release, but if you are, I'd really like to try it...

Pap

pap1723@aol.com

Comment

Ok i'll begin scouring my hard drive for some more units for you. I suppose you can use them better than me anyway . And as for how did i deal with the russian pacific fleet. I took Vlad in turn one and quite a lot of their fleet are based there i think but the rest was easy. I just kept my units in their ports and youll find that the russians like to stack their submarine units outside your ports which is a bonus So that was easy but NATO quickly kick your ass so i suppose there is a balance there. Still annoying though to be defeated lol
          Hope you get the problem sorted out as id like to continue my march to world dominance!!
          Gary

------------------
          I am the LORD OF STRONDAR
          Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Grothgar, I am in the middle of finishing up that Giga map, and it'll be done very soon, I am finalizing the terrains now with the help of a couple of others.

Pap

Comment

Ok thanx Pap

------------------

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

GROTHGAR--

Can you send me this scenario?

pap1723@aol.com

Comment

Pap, I'm very sorry for missing you when I first sent out the scenario. As a form of compensation I just e-mailed you a slightly modified copy of the scenario which incorperates some of the improvements sugested by Grothgar (B-2's less powerful on defence, NATO get a few less Aeigis Crusiers, some graphics replaced)

By the way, did I miss anyone else?

------------------
                  -John Kenneth Galbraith
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Case, thanks for the file...

I am only on turn 1 still, but I noticed that there are no motorized infantry, or APC's. Personally I think in a modern day scenario there needs to be a place for at leasr one such unit.

Continuing to play, I'll get back with more.

Pap

Comment

If im not mistaken Pap isnt the type 90 an IFV and thus an APC because it can hold infantry in real life. And what about the Y531 or whatever its called just thought you might like to know

------------------

Comment

P.S Case dont i get the upgraded version for all the time and effort i put into giving you those units just a though lol

------------------

Comment

I've sent out the updated version to everyone. Sorry for not doing so yesterday, but I was in a bit of a rush to finish off an essay.

As well as the changes mentioned above, I've also fixed the problem of units being created on non-existant hexes since I sent the original update to Pap - so Pap you'd better replace your events file with the one I've just sent you! BTW, the offending unit was a T-90 being created in the Urals outside Yekatainburg.

------------------
                          -John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

one more thing i have found. you have put Future technology as unatainable which means unfortunately when you get to the point the game crashes. Better sort it out me thinks

------------------

Comment

I just got home from a weeklong hiatus. I went around and visited some family. I will play the scenario as soon as I can and give my two cents.

P.S. FYI that BMP is mine, just so you give me credit in the final version. Anything else with AC is mine also just so you know.
                              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jimmywax on 05-20-2001 11:33 PM
                                FYI that BMP is mine, just so you give me credit in the final version. Anything else with AC is mine also just so you know.

No worries.

Grothgar, thanks for pointing out the problem with future tech. Out of interest, have you actually managed to get that far in technology development?

------------------
                                -John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
                                X