Quick question re menu.txt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question re menu.txt

Is "menu.txt" one of those files like "city.gif" that only works in the root folder, i.e. it is ignored when in the scenario folder?

Thanks in advance.

No.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Because I didn't check and assumed it was the same as 'Game' or 'Labels'. Sorry.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Okay, then, why do the modifications I make to the menu.txt in the scenario folder not affect the menu options in the game, but when I make the same modifications to the menu.txt in the civII root folder, then the changes show up?

Comment

So am I correct that menu.txt is like city.gif or am I doing something wrong?

Comment

I surprised it worked when you put it in the root directory, because I`ve tried that and had absolutely no luck with it whatsoever.
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Unlike other files, in order to realize the changes, I had to restart Civ as opposed to just loading up a saved game, if that means anything.

Comment

Working...
              X