Reorganizing CSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reorganizing CSC

Inspired by JB's marvellous new reorganizing of the scenarios and links on the Sp. civ2 site, I'm working on a new design for CSC.

I was thinking of removing a lot of useless stuff (such as the civ3 section and old icon files). Also, I plan to add to each scenario for what version the scenario is designed, as this is many people's wish, it seems.

Anyway, I was thinking of a sort of extra section linking directly to the Sleague's design tips, of course if Sleague will give me their blessings. This could be really helpful, and perhaps make the design tips available to an even larger public.

Any more ideas?

Speaking of design tips - your Hex editing paper should be in the Sleague tips section.

Comment

Hi Allard, perhaps your units section could be reorganized. Currently, some units are as .gifs, others as .zips, so that the visitor can´t see what units he gets until he downloaded and unzipped them. It would be nicer to make them all as .gifs. (perhaps except the large Harlan Thompson collections)
      There are also many single units, it would be fine when they are put into collections so that you don´t have to save them all separately.
      Blah

Comment

I think those are great ideas. What I would like to know, is how to run scenarios like River War, with MGE. I have spoken with several people who also have MGE, and there is much dissapointment that we cannot play that scenario. Perhaps a 'how to' on making it work? I have seen this question before, but have not been able to grasp the answer. Also, more frequent updates might be nice to have. Perhaps you could show a screen shot, or at least the units of a scenario in it's description?(This would be a lot of work, but I have found that the look is the number one reason I would download a scenario.) Anyway, good luck with your update.

------------------
        All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Allard, the layout is pretty nice now.
          [This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited February 18, 2001).]
          Please Visit:
          http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Kull, that's a marvellous idea. An Apolyton interaction! Besides, that might inspire the people to write more reviews and strategies.
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Kull, thanks much. It works fine now!
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

quote:

As long as we're discussing Sleeg connections, you could also add links from each hosted scenario directly to the related Scenario League Review(s).

Fantastic idea. I'll definately have to do this.

quote:

Another interesting link would be to the Art of War site for scenario-specific strategies.

Polaris, do I have your permission?

quote:

Also, more frequent updates might be nice to have.

Yes, obviously... But remember it's all volunteer work, and I do have more things to do in life!

quote:

Perhaps you could show a screen shot, or at least the units of a scenario in it's description?

And give the player a prejudice beforehand? Well, the truth is that I don't really like those icons. It tends to get a bit confusing. It's nice if there are only 5 scenarios on a page, but if you get more than that..

I used to have it like that, though, at good old A&A. A little map and a unit.

But hey, people could always go to SLeague's review

quote:

There are also many single units, it would be fine when they are put into collections so that you don´t have to save them all separately

Would it not be better to remove all those separate units alltogether? They are old and not fantastic anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions, all of you. It's really nice.

Comment

cpoulos: I sent you a corrected RiverWar.txt file, which should solve the problem. If so, feel free to send it along to anyone else who's had the same difficulty.
                  To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Allard: As long as we're discussing Sleeg connections, you could also add links from each hosted scenario directly to the related Scenario League Review(s).

Another interesting link would be to the Art of War site for scenario-specific strategies.
                    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

For the units, despite they are old, I´m sure someone will search for exactly these units in the first day after you have removed them...
                      Blah

Comment

Don't forget about the most important thing,
                        Allard.

Comment

Working...
                        X