Website deleted...arrgh!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website deleted...arrgh!!!

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I´m in a very bad mood. I had trouble to access my civsite, and so i mailed to the host at crosswinds to ask about the reasons. Their answer was: I had illegal stuff on my site, this is a violation of their guidelines, and so the site is deleted. But all I had were user scenarios and grapics be my and other people!!! I can´t believe that they don´t know the differences between piracy and legal scenarios...

Hmm, the good news is that all content is backuped on my hardisc, but it would take time to upload it again, and I probably have to search a new host (I´m negotiating with crosswinds, perhaps they correct their mistake,but I´m afraid they do not)

In the meantime, I´ll upload updates for Imperium Romanum on my second account, when they are finished, but its webspace is limited.

Sorry, but now I feel a bit better

------------------
    Civ2000
    Blah

BeBro, sorry to hear that Check your PM's

Comment

Sorry to hear that dude! Crosswind is nuts!

------------------
      All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Occazzarola, for sure they are crazy... sorry, Bernd...
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

What's their email address? I suggest some of us ought to let them know what we think.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Sorry about your site.... sometimes, the web space providers delete sites on the slightest mention of trouble, so even if you didn't do anything wrong, they might delete your site because they don't want the get into legal snagfus...
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

Yeah Shadowstrike, but the site was even listed in the links section of Fireaxis´CivIII page (today I mailed them that the link is dead). I think they hadn´t done this, if there were illegal things on my site...

techumseh, thanks, but don´t waste your time with this, I´ll bring the site online again as soon as possible...

------------------
              Civ2000
              Blah

Comment

I know that there aren't any illegal things on your site. All I'm saying is that sites like Crosswinds gets nervous at the sight of any rumor of illegal tings because they don't want to get sued. Personally, the speed problem is starting to get out of hand. I might want to think about looking for another site to host mine soon...
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

Shadowstrike, I know that you know , I only would mention this fact. For crosswinds, they also place popups (last year they didn´t) and remove them only if you pay, so my main reasons to signup there (no popups, no money) have gone, and I had moved my site sooner or later...

edit: spelling
                  [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited February 08, 2001).]
                  Blah

Comment

Sorry Bernd. Host it at ACS.
                    Please Visit:
                    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

You'd have thought they could have at least notified you BEFORE they deleted your site. What a way to operate...

Hope you get backup and running...

------------------
                      Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
                      That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

Working...
                      X