Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW for playtesting?

Dear SLeaguers:

I'm in the final stages of assembling a scenario (REBIRTH, beta release 11/1/00). I'd like for it to be playable with Fantastic Worlds, but I've been using MGE to design it. Two questions:

1) Is there anything I should do to preserve compatibility, other than not using 3-point objectives and respecting the size limits of the EVENTS file?

2) Can anyone provide a copy of FW that I can use for playtesting? I'd buy one if they were for sale - I've already bought MGE twice, once for PC and once for Mac.

Thanks for your help (and apologies to Creationists for the cross-posting.)

FW is not compatible with MGE. You would have to design in FW for the scenario to be playable in FW and MGE. You cannot design in MGE and have it be playable in FW (unless you use a converter program).

Comment

Angelo Scotto - Scenario League -made a program to convert MGE scens into FW ones... but it doesn't work sometimes. Anyway, take a look to my site: I used it to convert Celtitaly and Antigonos.
      "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
      "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
      "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Tavis on 10-27-2000 05:19 PM
        Can anyone provide a copy of FW that I can use for playtesting? I'd buy one if they were for sale.

Try eBay.com, I was recently able to purchase a brand new (still in wrapper) FW there for only $4.50 US!

Comment

Creationists

Please don't call me that.

------------------
          St. Leo
          http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
          http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Call me that anytime!

Comment

Working...