X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess my next scenario

...aka Secret Project #383

quote:

Like a god under people must be such a man ... there is no law for these men for they are law themselves

Guess who said this quotation, and if you're a good "historian" you might soon guess who is described with this quote... and then what my next scenario will be about.

------------------
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Mighty Carthage fought three wars:
    It was still mighty after the first one, still inhabitable
    after the second one;
    It could not be found after the third one.
    -Bert Brecht

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
    Follow the masses!

Nietzsche?
    -Helios

Comment

Well, the Caesars were considered to be Gods (at least it was the state religion). The Emperors were whorshipped. So I would guess that your next scenario will be about Rome?

------------------
      Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
      That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

As far as I know, the Emperors were regarded as pontifex maximus , i.e. not gods themselves, but rather the highest priest. There were two emperors, Nero and Commodus with names, who wanted to be celebrated as deities, but they ended up murdered.

------------------
        Follow the masses!

after the second one;
        -Bert Brecht

Follow the masses!

Comment

How many words have you removed from where the dots are? Just the name of the person?

Is it AD or BC? I would say it is BC.

Pehaps Cyrus?

------------------
          Mathias' Civ II Page
          http://members.nbci.com/thalys
          The Lost Geologist Blog
          http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Hmmm could be about eygpt, as their ruleers were consdiered gods,

But your scenarios tend to be about central Asia, or Iran. So I'm guessing it could be about Jalal-adin.

------------------
            Windows 98 (windoze) a 32 bit extention of a 16 bit graphical shell for an 8 bit operating system, origalanly coded for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company who can't stand one bit of competition!
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Hendrik: I haven't removed any words, they were already removed in the book I have it from.
              BTW, the quote was on the cover of one very early (1833) and famous book on this person.
              It is BC.
              C0ckney: I don't think the Khwarizm Shahs were worshipped like gods, since that would be a sin towards the basics of Islam (you know, none to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet...). Good idea, though!
              While you're closer with Egypt...

You people want a second clue?

------------------
              Follow the masses!

after the second one;
              -Bert Brecht

Follow the masses!

Comment

I wans't sure if the term god was meant literaly, because it says "like a God"

Second clue

Yes please!
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel on 10-15-2000 06:25 AM

You people want a second clue?

Sure

------------------
                  Civ2000
                  Blah

Comment

Hmm, after a little search on AltaVista, I found out that in 1833, a certain hymn was published called "O Worship the King" written by a Sir Robert Grant, who apparently lived in India.

Though this seems interesting, it's not a book, as you mention, and it doesn't seem to be about one specific man. Also, you said Egypt was close, and India is not really close to Egypt. Therefore I don't think this is it.

But there are hundreds of books published in 1833, apparently..

edited by markg just to rebuild the page
                    [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited October 16, 2000).]

Comment

Well, I mentioned one book written about him in 1833, not that the person himself lived then.
                      OK, the person was once called a wimp, a molly and a mother's boy by the man on the picture. If you know it, please keep it for yourself! (If you really can't keep it you can send me a mail or a PM). http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/clue2.gif

------------------
                      Follow the masses!

after the second one;
                      -Bert Brecht

[This message has been edited by Stefan Härtel (edited October 15, 2000).]
                      Follow the masses!

Comment

I hate it when xoom rather likes to put in advertisements than to post the picture. If anyone can view it, could you upload it to a different server? thanx.
                        Follow the masses!

Comment

Send it to me, Stefan... i have not this kinda problems...
                          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                          "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Hmm... let's see... A man who's law by himself... and has to do with Egypt... haven't seen the pic but if he was called mother's boy...

Well, I think it's pretty easy!

Stefan, can we send you a PM with our predictions?

------------------
                            Rather be first in a village than second at Rome
                            "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

I think I may have an idea, but I'll keep to myslef for a while

Comment

Working...
                              X