ToTGFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToTGFX

Here are some replacements for the standard ToT GUI (see sample shot), no big thing, but I think they are nicer than the original stuff (which it´s easy to achieve )

The zip file (over 700kb) contains four files:

-city
    -Civwin_back
    -dialog
    -Icons

for ToT. Feel free to use this, but BACKUP THE ORIGINALS! All files are saved as 24bit BMPs. They work perfectly with my ToT, but my brother had trouble with them so please inform me if you receive error messages.

http://home.debitel.net/user/bbrosing/ToTGFX1.Zip

Blah

Does all ToT look that good? I'm considering buying it- so is it worth it?
    "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Evil Capitalist on 08-23-2000 11:29 AM
      Does all ToT look that good?

Unfortunately, no. Therefore I make these new graphics. I´ll also convert the terrains I made for my FW scns into the ToT format, because the standard ToT terrains are perhaps the ugliest (-sp?) thing in the whole game...But, generally I don´t think that ToT is really bad, try to buy a cheap copy...

Blah

Comment

Mathias, selbsverständlich
        Blah

Comment

So you have your ToT CD back?
          BTW, Good work! Another argument for playing ToT!

P.S: Was this just for general use or are you finally considering to ajdust one of your upcoming scenarios for ToT, then?
          Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Oops, just asked stupid question, ignore this post.
            [This message has been edited by Giant Squid (edited August 23, 2000).]

Comment

Ingo, I made this mainly to save my eyes when I play ToT . A ToT scn (or a ToT version of my existing scns) isn´t planned for this year...

Blah

Comment

Nice! May I upload them to me site?

------------------
                Mathias' Civ II Page
                http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
                The Lost Geologist Blog
                http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Danke Bernd! Wird geschen, sobald mein Computer wieder funktioniert...

------------------
                  Mathias' Civ II Page
                  http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
                  The Lost Geologist Blog
                  http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Wie geits, Kreigers, Bundesliega, Danke? hmmmm - never mind...dumb american.

need to study DeutchesSprekenTalken someday.

These look very cool, thanks for the files. I just painted them green two days ago because they were so hard to read before.

edit - just added them in - AWESOME! I am going to chase down a couple of others to tell them about this...
                    [This message has been edited by Sten Sture (edited August 26, 2000).]
                    Be the bid!

Comment

Carolus Rex, currently these files are for the original game, but you can use them also for the other games. The only exception is icons, which is only for original game.

The city screen should wourk with the other games, but would probably look a bit strange (Augustus in Midgard or the SciFi world ).

Terrains and units aren´t included, but I´m working on terrains for the original game (converted for ToT from my FW scns), perhaps I can release them this week or next...

Oh , forgot to say: You can use the Standard ToT units (also animated),CivII units or any units you like with these GFX together, there shouldn´t be any problems.

And Sten, thanks for your comments

------------------
                      Civ2000

[This message has been edited by BeBro (edited August 27, 2000).]
                      Blah

Comment

Thanks for the link Sten! Have downloaded, but not installed the files yet.

A really dumb question ("wait until you've installed the files!").

Which of the games are they for, the original? Are terrain and units included in "Icons"? I currently use the original Civ II units, is that a problem?

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                        X