"Sacrificial Blood" released on an unsuspecting public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sacrificial Blood" released on an unsuspecting public

"Sacrificial Blood" is finally complete after over a year of work. Its completion is due in large part to the help of the scenario designers in this forum, whom I wish to thank.

Sacrificial Blood is a new scenario/modpack which contains 57 new technologies, 62 new units, 25 new sounds, 12 pieces of new music, 24 new wonders, and 12 new improvements. Many of the default graphics, such as the Presidents' pictures, have also been changed. You can play solo, or against up to two other opponents.

On Feb. 14th, a Sacrificial Blood contest begins. The winner takes $250 cash. You can find out more about the game and the contest by checking out the Sacrificial Blood website at:
    http://www.shayworld.com/games/sacri...e/mainpage.htm

Thank you for your time and consideration.

-Shay Yates Roberts-
    Game Designer

Is my understanding correct from reading the promos that the game CAN'T be played solo and has to played with three other players?

Comment

Yes & No. If the readme file is correct, the first two scenarios are pure multiplayer while only the last one ("King of Kings") can be played solo. Multiplayer is the only way to achieve the elusive "Master" rating, however

Looks like a pretty impressive piece of work, Shay!
      [This message has been edited by Kull (edited February 02, 2000).]
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

**** me this looks good! DL now

Comment

Well, I only have FW and ToT so I cannot play this, but it looks bloody good. Expect this on my site as soon as I get around to updating it.:-)

------------------
          St. Leo
          http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
          http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Yes Kull, you are correct. The game pack was designed to be a true multiplayer experience. A human opponent is always the most dangerous. All three of the scenarios can be played solo, and I have spent many hours doing so. In fact, it's smart to do this before playing with real people, that way you learn. The problem is that the AI has no idea how to win "Lost City" and "Pre-Columbian Age" because the victory conditions are so specialized. Because "King of Kings" is pure global domination, the AI will give you a good game, but ultimately you will win because the AI doesn't know how to use the specialized units and terrain effectively. So in the end, the best games will be multiplayer. Playing this game with other people has been a mindblowing experience for me because I am constantly amazed by the new strategies a human player under duress can spontaneously develop. That's why the contest is for multiplayer games only. I am confident you are all up to the challenge and I look forward to observing your playing genius!

:-)Shay(-:

Comment

Hmmmm....February 14th....Valentine's Day....."Sacrificial Blood" Tournament begins....hmmmm.

To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Kull, you don't miss much, do you?

:-)Shay(-:

Comment

Has anyone played this, particularly SP?

Comment

I bump this up again. I'm just curious since I didn't see any reviews on this and also didn't see it at Leo's site. Anyone have any comments on this?

Comment

Working...
                    X