Problems with the AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the AI

I'm working on my cold war scenario and I can't get the Soviet player to attack. I've tried giving them a huge army in the next square to the city I want attacked, which worked in earlier versions. I don't think the problem has anything to do with stats or AI role, they are attack heavy and put into role '0'- attack.
    I made a lot of changes from the earlier version, the biggest being that I merged several civs into one large 'allies' civ. Does anyone know how I can get them to attack?

Have you tried giving them a bad rep?

------------------
    St. Leo
    http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
    http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

10 black marks. Should it be worse? The neutrals, with perfect rep, lay into the Soviets in turn 2.

Comment

Have you given them the worst attitude towards Europe? And made them on permanent vendetta? And force them to attack each round with a MAKEAGRESSION event? And move Soviet units into Europe each turn with a MOVEUNIT command?
        "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
        -OOTS

Comment

Yes to all. I've also given them more units & cities. I also disbanded all the allied units. Still they won't attack.

Comment

Are all civs set as agressive, militaristic, expansionist?

No one should have UN or Great Wall

All civs should be in contact with eachother and have embassies...

I usually also set "no negotiations" in event file.

Also set bad reputation and high dislike for the other party.

If the scenario has objectives put a few 3x within reach of the AI you want to attack.

Comment

Still no joy. I've tried all of the above. The Soviets make a small attack in Turkey, but still don't enter Germany, just fortify all their offensive units along the border.

Comment

I´m remembering another thread, where someone had the same problem. He had the "WW II AI" ON. If this is also the case in your scn, turn it OFF.
                Blah

Comment

Michael Dnes, have you checked ther roles of the units, make sure they all are attack units not defence units. They might only fortify because there to weak to launch a attack. Might increase attack value by 1.
                  Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Eternal gratitude to BeBro- it worked.

Comment

Working...
                    X