No announcement yet.

Red Front version 1.3/1.4/whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "too many units problem" did not happen in version 1.4 in my testgames or in other testerplayer's game. It could still potentially happen, because the game is close to the maximum unit numbers anyway. It depends a lot on the strategy used... The more German units are killed the more appear. Therefore massive defensive battles around Kiev and Minsk will probably increase the number of German attackers, while a defensive withdrawal strategy will probably keep the German numbers down below the threshold.

During the winter of 1941-42 the AI does not replace lost units at the same rate as in the Summer of 41 so killing a bunch of German infantry should free up space... After January 1942 I have never seen the "Too many Units" message so if you continue the current game the situation should stabilize shortly. Killing German U-boats, ships, SS, Panzergrenadiers, most planes and artillery definitely frees space as they are not replaced automatically.

Hope this helps...
    [This message has been edited by Captain Nemo (edited March 18, 2000).]

Comment

Nemo,
      Yup, that did it. Each turn I got that message about 25 times!!! I had my labor brigades getting into the swing of things. It's now August of '43 and I got the Germans on the run. The AI just wasn't producing tons of units during the winter, so that let me start to build my own. I see someone else had this problem with 1.4 Hmmm... This is 1.3, and the first time i've ever seen it occur. I've had 1.1 all this time without realizing it. Can't wait to take it to the Germans again in 1.4. Thanks for the tip.

------------------
      "We stand to stride the world like a Colosus noble leader"
      -Military Advisor

Comment

Sweet! Can't wait to hook up some 1.4!!!
        I'm currently a few hours into 1.3. Got a HUGE problem though...It's only the first snowfall, and they are already tellin' me there are too many units on the board!!! It asks for me to disband a few...so I get rid of like 20 Red Infantry. But I guess the AI fills those spots up, because the very next turn gives me the same thing. This has never happened playing RF before. I'm trying to build Labor Brigades to build up the Urals, but I can't get anymore! Not to mention that I can't building any more units to defend myself! I guess I should just trash it, and pick up on 1.4
        What should I do if it happens next time? I've disbanded all units that I can spare...the others have to be there for Panzer-fodder, or the cities will be captured. I'm not talkin about villages either. Talkin' bout Moscow here...Uh-oh...

Comment

Working...
        X