Barbarians and "Change Terrain" Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarians and "Change Terrain" Events

This one has been driving me crazy for over a week now! In my new scenario, every time there was a "Change Terrain" event all the Barbarian Units disapeared! I could NOT figure this out. I had never seen it reported and it certainly hadn't happened during "End of the Bronze Age". I tried one parameter after another, and finally discovered the controlling factor:

Kull's Law = "ChangeTerrain" events will cause all Barbarians on the map to disappear UNLESS there is a Barbarian City somewhere on the map.

Not the most earth shattering news, but it may save someone else a lot of grief. It could also conceivably be used to instantly terminate a massive Barbarian onslaught. (kind of like "DestroyACivilization)
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

VERY INTERESTING!
    In Red Front I have had a heck of a time keeping the Barbarians (Yugoslavian Partisans) alive through 1943... until they capture a city in Yugoslavia... Well guess what? On those same turns the allies were bombing Germany = terrain changes!!
    Very good discovery... Get two advances free.

Comment

Working...
    X