No announcement yet.

*** The Apolytoner of the Season Contest - Revisited ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever. And narck you lying SOB, I never voted for myself. Go look yourself.

------------------
    Canada sucks
    France is worse.
    Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Please remove my vote. I don't support this crap at all.

------------------
      I'm the Phoenix, MR. T was the old initials....

I can throw a hundred pound walrus right through the wall!

Comment

If my vote counts, the Captain has my vote.
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Jeszenka on 12-10-1999 06:25 PM
          Whatever. And narck you lying SOB, I never voted for myself. Go look yourself.
          First of all, benedetti: here's'the proof that there is at least one person in this forum who seems to like flame wars. MJ just insulted me, completely without reason too, because on the old vote thread MJ said: "Oh well. I guess I nominate/vote/whatever blackclove."

Maybe you should look first before calling someone a lying SOB, MJ.

But you know what, I'll just take both you and Phoenix off the contest, as it is obvious that you didn't mean those votes.
          Actually, Í'll also take Jim Winchell's vote for you off...

And I hope that that way we can avoid another flame war.

Be happy, it doesn't look like SL is going to make the 20 required votes anyway.

Cheers,
          Narck

Comment

There hasn't been a flame war on this forum? Really? Remember NickC? And the useless trivia, that got a people a bit mad.

Comment

Narck (and Mao),

I also deplore MJ's unnecessary comment. However... (he, he, I always have a "however") let me qualify my previous sentence a little bit: "there has never been a flame war AMONG THE REGULARS OF this forum". Unfortunately, Narck, you're not one of us (try just one scenario please, perhaps you'll like it and wanna join us ) therefore MJ's animosity towards you falls off my comment.

Regarding NikC, he is a good guy but a wee bit impulsive. All of the regulars here know this and do not feel offended by his sometimes hot-blooded posts. I am pretty sure that Cpt. Nemo did not take any offense from Nick's remarks in that trivia thread.

Just to finish, Narck, forgive me, but in my eyes the fact that this forum ignores your contest only proves that the people here is more mature than on the other forums.

benedetti

Comment

Narck, what the hell are you talking about? You said I voted myself when I voted blackclove. What's your problem? Hey, heres a novel idea. Why don't you play a scenario, and post about it?! WOW! After this is the scenarioleague.

If this is a problem, please leave, now.

------------------
                Canada sucks
                France is worse.
                Re-elect Bush!

Comment

MJ,

forgive me please My comment wasn't meant that way. What I meant to say was that you voted as well (yes, for blackclove, not for yourself ). I see how the word "yourself" that I put in there lead you to believe that I meant you voted for yourself Well, sorry, that's not what I meant at all, I guess I should have stated more clearly what I meant. But hey, it's cleared up now. Right?

Then, unfortunately, I'm not playing civ2 anymore. When civ3 is out I might drop by sometime So if you guys are still busy in here then, I'll come and check it out

Don't worry, I will leave After all, it seems the SL community is still not interested in this idea

oh, and benedetti:

"Just to finish, Narck, forgive me, but in my eyes the fact that this forum ignores your contest only proves that the people here is more mature than on the other forums"

-->Maybe But in my eyes, the people here are just a lot more boring no offense

Hey it's ok, if you guys don't like it, the contest will not return

Cheers,
                  Narck

Comment

benedetti,
                    1) this is an Apolyton contest. not Narck's
                    2) skiping Nick C...
                    Mark L, Mr. Temba, MJ, Fast Eddie are not(or were) regulars of this forum?
                    3) you say that the people of this forum, in contradiction with the people of ALL the other forums, are pretty damn serious and mature. they are so mature, that they dont want to show their appreciation to a distinguished member of their community. they are so mature that are ready to start a flame war against a thread, instead of ignoring it, left to slip down the thread list humilated
                    they are finally so mature, that at the same time they reject a vote to award a person, they contribute to other awards and contests for scenarios AND people. why? cause you say it reminds you of "all for the people without the people", which makes me think "if it's not our idea, we dont support it"

well, benedetti, you have confused me cause you're not describing the people of this forum that I have seen and know...

I have no problem if you dont like the idea of the contest and ignore it. But to insult so many people like that...

------------------
                    Markos, Apolyton Civilization Site

Comment

I'm sure there have been a few minor flame wars here, (or should I say, "flame skirmshes"). Nothing as big as some the likes that OTF has seen, but still some. I have a question though, who is it hurting if you allow people to vote? Is it really spamming if it's only one thread? If you don't like it, you don't have to see it. Just let people vote award the titles. If you don't want to vote, you don't have to.

Comment

Narck:

Yes, you are absolutely right: kids tend to see grown-ups as boring people

On the other hand, I have never seen a post in SL stating "I'm bored". I (and you too) have seen many posts in OTF stating things like "hey I'm bored let's talk about anything" No offense from my part either

MarkG:

Point 1) I knew that... I guess

Point 2) Please elaborate. I do not follow.

Point 3)

"you say that the people of this forum, in contradiction with the people of ALL the other forums, are pretty damn serious and mature"

Excuse me but these are your words, not mine. I said this forum is more mature. This does not mean that all other forums are not mature. There is a difference.

"they are so mature, that they dont want to show their appreciation to a distinguished member of their community"

I wonder what appreciation and maturity have in common for you to make such a statement.

Again, the point here is not to show appreciation. The point is that the contest thing is silly. Appreciation can be shown in many ways, and the most sincere ones have nothing to do with organizing a popularity contest. Everyone one here appreciates what people like Blacklove or Cam have done for the Apolyton scenario community. We do not believe that a contest is needed to recognize their dedication. We already know!!!

On the other hand, in OTF.... yeah, things should be really difficult to appreciate over there. I agree, a contest for OTF is needed!

"they are so mature that are ready to start a flame war against a thread,"

Well, I am starting to realize that I have no idea what a flame war is

"instead of ignoring it, left to slip down the thread list humilated"

You are absolutely correct here MarkG, but this way is much more fun. Re-read what I wrote at the beginning of my second post here, please. This is totally surrealistic and I like it! Reminds me of old times at the Addicted forum.

On the other hand, why do you guys keep replying to my posts instead of letting the whole thing go? You could just *bump" the thread without further comment.

"cause you say it reminds you of "all for the people without the people", which makes me think "if it's not our idea, we dont support it"

You may be right here too, but I never saw anyone supporting an idea he/she didn't agree with. Examples: I have not seen Narck voting in any of the SLeague Design Contests. I have not seen anybody from SLeague asking OTF posters to vote in the SLeague Contest to show "appreciation to an author who has given so much to the community".

The point, MarkG, is that we do not support this initiative because we do not like it, no because it's not ours.

"I have no problem if you dont like the idea of the contest and ignore it." But to insult so many people like that...

I have insulted no one, MarkG. To state for example that Bill Gates is smarter than N, does not imply in any way that I am calling N a fool.

benedetti

PS. You put way too many smiles, Narck

[This message has been edited by benedetti (edited December 11, 1999).]

Comment

let's not start playing with words benedetti...
                          when you say that the people of this forum are more mature that of the other forums because they dont like silly contests like that, what does everyone else make??

btw, please define matureness, cause when you say that it's more fun to start screaming "it's off-topic, it's off-topic, take this crap away from me" instead of ignoring something....

and we're asking SL posters to vote on an SL contest. yes,it's not organized by the people who run the SL site. is this the problem? the point is that it is a vote for SL people. not OT ones...

finally, if there is no need for such a vote, I suggest that the 2000 Hodadian Awards are cancelled. We all know which are the good scenarios and the good creators

Comment

I am not playing with words MarkG. You cannot accuse me of something I did not say or implied.

"btw, please define matureness, cause when you say that it's more fun to start screaming "it's off-topic, it's off-topic, take this crap away from me" instead of ignoring something...

This is a good point. I acknowledge that you caught me in the act... of proving to everyone that, unlike Narck's opinion, mature people also have a lot of fun OK, OK, this is getting too surrealistic

"and we're asking SL posters to vote on an SL contest. yes,it's not organized by the people who run the SL site. is this the problem?"

No. The problem is that the idea is silly. We are walking in circles here,MarkG

"Finally, if there is no need for such a vote, I suggest that the 2000 Hodadian Awards
                            are cancelled."

Aren't you mixing apples with oranges? Believe it or not, voices were raised against the 1999 Awards. Personally, I would not complain if the Awards were cancelled.

Comment

Gentlemen, please take this to email.

Comment

OK, I think I have a way to settle this. Let everyone who wants to vote, vote. If there aren't say, 20 votes (I believe that's what Narck said) let's just drop it. But it seems that a fair number of people are indifference or do care and vote. Benedetti, I realize you represent many people on this matter, but not everyone. Let's see if we get enough votes, if not, then nothing will happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X