Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From someone who hasn't downloaded scenarios before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From someone who hasn't downloaded scenarios before...

Um, do you have to have FW or CiC to play a downloaded scenario (i.e. 2194 Days of War)?

My computer at home has FW and CiC, but I never got it on this one, and I just downloaded 2194 Days here at school... and... and... and... *whines like a puppy*

I reeeally wanna play it!

But when I tried to load it, it said "This scenario is not a saved game." I certainly hope not... I hate scenarios that are just saved games...

------------------
    Anarchist Supreme of the Glorious PROT!

"Those who would trade a little freedom for a little safety shall have neither freedom nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"All war is the art of deception." - Sun Tzu

Anarchist Supreme of the Newly Glorious PROT!

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them
    One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them."

Generally spoken you do not need FW or CiC to play a scenario. However, since the huge majority of scenarios available right now was created with either FW or CiC it would be best if you had both FW and CiC installed on the Computer so you can enjoy all those beautifull scrnarios out on the net.

I don't know of any way around this, maybe changing the numbers right in the beginning in the labels.txt would help...I don't know.

2194 Days of War is a great scenario btw...

Hendrik the Great
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Red Front! Red Front!
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

You need to goto www.winzip.com and download winzip.

Then install that program and open 2194Days.zip or whatever they called the .zip file.

It should have a readme file that you need to open for instructions on how to install or play the game.

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you but "2194 Days of War" requires FW version of Civ-2 because it uses the expanded unit slots (11 custom units as opposed to 3 in the CiC version). It will not load on the regular Civ-2 version or on CiC (2.42) It runs on FW... I don't know about MPG, theoretically it should work, but I hear MPG is fussy about FW scenarios.

Comment

"I don't know about
            MPG, theoretically it should work, but I hear MPG is fussy about FW
            scenarios."

That differs from copy to copy. My version had troubles with only one scenario, one I was designing
            2194 days as well as every other scenario by Nemo and Alex work perfectly.

BTW, this doesen't mean I make scenarios for MGE. I have two copies of Civ2 on my PC.

------------------
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong.
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

I already have winzip... I've been using the trial version for about three months, hehehe... of course, I don't download much, so it wouldn't be worth it for me to buy it... lame excuse, but true.

Darn, I was really looking forward to playing that scenario... I guess it'll have to wait until I get home, then...

Thanks anyway, guys.

Oh yeah, and Mao - Red Front is another one I want to play... does it need FW?
              [This message has been edited by bcr3 (edited December 12, 1999).]

Comment

Sorry, Red Front needs FW too

But good for me
                Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

D@mmit! Are there ANY good scenarios that don't need FW?!?

Comment

No, there aren't. But don't despair, bc3, mon ami, benedetti is here to give you a hand (to try at least) .

If I were you, I'd go to a webpage called History of Civilization (you can access that site from either the Spanish Civ Site or Platehead's). Perhaps, only perhaps , there is something useful waiting for you on that page.

benedetti

PS. Enjoy 2194, man. It's very good. I maybe the only one, but I think it's better than RF

Comment

Lord of the Rings doesn't require FW, does it?

Comment

It uses the extra unit slots, so it will.
                        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Take benedetti's advice if you don't have FW... Then buy TOT
                          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                          X