Changing the startup screen in 2.42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the startup screen in 2.42

I want to change the startup screen on my copy of 2.42 is this possible? Or is it the .exe or something? I think it's title.gif in gold edition. But alas I don't have it.
    Ok O.T.
    As a civ player (played original and bought civII when it first came out) I found this site a month or so ago and stumbled upon OCC. It got me interested in civII all over again-thanks for the tips
    I'm having a GREAT time!
    B.T.W. I NEVER won a deity game with any huge margin between me and AI but after playing a half dozen or so fortnight OCC I got that all important science city down and lo and behold! Diety Level-to AD 1985 Pop. 71,110,000 (full sized ship 4 modules maxed out everything) 7 civs, raging hordes, medium map. Vaughn the Magnificent of the Deathrock
    !!!Civ rating 276% score 2130!!!
    You guys rock! Thanks for the help

Yes, it's possible! I know a powerful utility, named GifX, that allows to change the gif images trapped into Civ2 startup dll files. You can download it at Cradle of Civilizations site...
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Great i'm on my way over thanks!

Comment

Click here forCradle of Civilizations.
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Working...
        X