Middle Earth icons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle Earth icons?

I'm planning to write a scenario about the wars of Beleriand, but my artistic "talent" doesn't allow me to draw new icons and using the standard ones in this type of scenario would not be very appropriate. I was wondering if anyone of you had a set of Middle Earth icons I could borrow for the scenario, like orcs and elves? Any help would be highly appreciated...
    Don't mess with me or my pet polar bear shall tear you to shreds! I'm a friend of the king of the penguins, too. Respect me!

What the Hades is Middle Earth?
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Hades?
      Don't mess with me or my pet polar bear shall tear you to shreds! I'm a friend of the king of the penguins, too. Respect me!

Comment

Hades: Slightly more polite way of saying "hell"

Harlan Thompson's Lord of the Rings Scenario has some nice Middle Earth related graphics, but you'd have to ask him for permission to use them.

It also has a very good map of Middle Earth in the third age, although IMNSHO you shouldn't be able to sail ships up the Anduin past the falls of Rauros

Comment

Hades was the Hell of the ancient Greeks.
          So what is Middle Earth?

------------------
          Follow the masses!

Our survival is based on continouus changing.
          -Mao Tse-Tung
          God might have created us as equals, but democracy and science pretty
          much screwed that whole idea..
          -Onepaul

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
          Follow the masses!

Comment

Stefan, Middle Earth is the world in which JRR Tolkien created in his famous books, The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Comment

quote:

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

Are these books recommendable(I guess so) for someone like me?

------------------
              Follow the masses!

-Mao Tse-Tung
              -Onepaul

Follow the masses!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by PurpleWyrm on 07-16-2000 12:08 AM

Harlan Thompson's Lord of the Rings Scenario has some nice Middle Earth related graphics, but you'd have to ask him for permission to use them.

It also has a very good map of Middle Earth in the third age, although IMNSHO you shouldn't be able to sail ships up the Anduin past the falls of Rauros

Hmm...how could I contact this Harlan Thompson person? I have the Third Age map, but the map of Beleriand is much more appropriate for a scenario of wars in Beleriand. I just have to fix the map a bit as it lacks some important details, like the Falls of Sirion, Aelin-Uial and Amon Obel. And yes, Tolkien's books are recommendable indeed! How on earth have you managed to escape them in the first place?

------------------

Comment

With some luck he'll find this thread and post here. In any way, you can write him a mail, and if he doesen't respond, simply post something on the SLeague forum.

------------------
                  Follow the masses!

-Mao Tse-Tung
                  -Onepaul

Follow the masses!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Stefan Härtel on 07-16-2000 09:51 AM
                    Are these books recommendable(I guess so) for someone like me?

The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings are four of the best fantasy books ever written.

I have never met a person who did not like reading these books. And that is saying alot since almost everyone I know has read them.

[This message has been edited by William Keenan (edited July 17, 2000).]

Comment

Don't forget the Silmarillion! IMO it's even better than The Lord of the Rings!

Comment

Has anyone ever thought about a Numenorean scenario? Don't know what it could be about (the war between them and Sauron perhaps?), I just really like those guys

Hmmm, maybe one where you play the faithful and have to try to survive against the rest of the Numenoreans and establish the realms in exile before a change terrain event causes the downfall.

Comment

A Beleriand war scenario would be interesting, however you'd have to invent some way for the Elves to win it, given that Morgoth is immortal and cannot be defeated by any power short of the Valar themselves.

In particular, you'd want to avoid the Deus Ex Machina ending from the Silmarillion, but I'm not sure how you'd do this and also stay true to the book.

Comment

Refer to the critically acclaimed scenario, Dagor Bragollach: The Battle of Sudden Flame, which is set in Beleriand.
                            I don't think it has any original icons, but it's definately a good scenario on the technical side, and you might get some inspiration from it.

Comment

Working...
                            X