Ww2 ai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ww2 ai

Whats the difference between the WW2 AI (as mentioned inthe Senario parameters menu) and normal AI?
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

The thinking is that the WWII A.I. is a special set of rules designed for an early version of Civ2 that would create a more sensible set of conditions for Second World War scenarios - e.g. England and Germany don't form an alliance after two turns. With the advent of Fantastic Worlds and the events file this aspect is thought to be superfluous, and if anything, should be avoided to prevent any more 'weird stuff' happening to your scenario's unfolding. Why this remains in later versions of Civ2 (including Test of Time) is a bit of a mystery.

Comment

Is there any way we can use this in our scenarios to provide interesting effects?

Comment

I'm really not too sure, as I don't think too many people are all that certain as to exactly what the effects are.

I'd be pleased if anyone took the time to undertake an experimentation of the WWII A.I. and came up with some clear results, however I'm hardly confident that anything would be achieved that couldn't be accommodated by the events file mechanism (then again, this program is still producing interesting results after five years of manipulation!).

Comment

Working...
        X