Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you switch images on the .gif files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you switch images on the .gif files?

Please treat this as if it were a question from your ten-year-old nephew who knows a bit about computers. There are a number of modpacks out, with varying styles for this unit and that.

Now, suppose, for instance, I want to trade Tim Smith's Elephant for his Allosaur. How do I go about it?

I understand that it's supposed to be a matter of clip and paste, with careful attention to getting all of one square directly on top of another.

My two tries at this have screwed up all the colour in the screen except for the units. The rest of it comes across as a negative image.

What went wrong? And what program should I use to do the cutting and pasting? I've been using a freeware program called Ultimate Paint, and the standard Microsoft Paintbrush, with equally dismal results.

Any tips would be welcome.

I think with the .gif files they must be saved as 87a non-interlaced (or some such technical gumpf) gif file.

It is a lot easier to save the gifs as bitmaps (.bmp) and then cut and paste using those, as there is no similar restriction on bitmpas.

Comment

see my webpage http://www.multimania.com/eyn

section Civilization II/bibliotheque graphique/les unites/ then clic "comment changer les unites"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Eyn on 05-25-2000 07:19 PM
        see my webpage http://www.multimania.com/eyn

section Civilization II/bibliotheque graphique/les unites/ then clic "comment changer les unites"

Merci beaucoup. J'ai printe la page, mais les instructions sont tres court.

Pardonnez-moi. Mon francais n'est pas capable pour ce discussion-ci.

I did exactly as your page suggests, and since I was working with Tim Smith's Hi-res units, there seemed no necessity to make special arrangements for the shield.

I'll make another effort, and see what happens.

Jim W

Comment

Working...
        X