How do I fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I fix this?

I have a problem with the white lines defining the city radius. Frankly, they mess up the map.

How do I get the original black hexes back? Probably a piece of cake for all you hackers here, but I'm as ignorant as they come regarding software/hardware-related stuff so please "be gentle with me"

Carolus

Why not just play without them? Personally, I can't stand the grid lines. They annoy the hell out of me.

I'm pretty sure that you can change what they look like. There are some black and white cursor looking things in Icons.gif. Try changing the white one to black. That should work.

Comment

Personally, I'm trying to figure out how to undo this! At some point while I was messing around with the various GIF files and trying to get the colors of the units to come out right, the white city radius lines vanished. It may be related to the changes I made/undid in the units.gif palette.

Mark
      main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
      i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

Mark, the answer is in your Icons.gif file. Replace it with an original and your city radii will reappear.

Carlos, edit the icon.gif file. At the center, bottom of the gif are two pink diamonds surrounded by a green border. Copy and paste the left diamond over the right diamond and the white city radii will disappear.
        I tried to make a Starship Troopers scenario but it turned out to have a lot of bugs in it. ;)

Comment

Carolus Rex,

I don't have it available to me right now, but let me check the Readme and FAQ for version 2.42. Somewhere in one of those files was instructions for making your City radius grid squares black instead of white. The answer was given just because of the problems that you are having.

Ken

Comment

Working...
          X