No announcement yet.

A distant rumble....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borders between countries? I think I can make out Belgium, Luxemburg, and the Franco-German borders. That yellow-ish terrain...

------------------
    "The Rumanians are really the most reliable people in the world when it comes to depending upon their breaking any promises they make." - General Harry Hill Bandholtz, US Army, 22 NOV 1919. General Bandholtz was the one who saved the Crown Jewels from the Rumanians. His statue sits in front of the American Embassy in Budapest.
    Truth

Comment

MJ: You got it! Borders on a civ map just look so cool, its hard to believe they haven't been done before. Yeah, it's not really a "must have", but in real life ALL maps have borders! The map has several other interesting surprises. But I think I'll keep those under my hat for a while. One clue: Rivers have VERY different characteristics (the least of which is new orientations).

Cal: WWI=Boring Scenarios? By and large you're right. But I've got two words for you......"No Trenches"! If you ever get a chance, read "Guns of August" by Barbara Tuchman (whose title I have shamelessly stolen for this scenario.) It depicts the opening month and a half of the war, and it's a page turner. The slaughterfest we associate with WWI could have easily been a quick and decisive German victory instead. The margin was that slim. You want movement? Entire countries will be swallowed in the avalanche. Oh...try that link again, too.
      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Are you picking up where Allard left off?
        Follow the masses!
        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Seems like another example of your good work, Kull!
          I think it differs form Allards Western Front (I have an eraly development version of it on my HD).
          The rivers seem interesting.
          [This message has been edited by SCDARS (edited May 12, 2001).]
          Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Would you reveal some of the new features that are mentioned on the site, Kull? Or is it too early...

------------------
            Civ2000 hosted by CivII Universum
            Blah

Comment

Scott Fluhr has been working on a World War I scenario called "Guns of August." Kull, you may have some competition.

Good luck with this project. World War I needs to be exploited!
              Please Visit:
              http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Stefan: Basically yes. I always wanted to do a "Guns" scenario, even though it's light years away from my usual stuff. I heard about Allard's project and suggested we resurrect it. I'm using many of the units from that scenario (are they mouth watering, or what?), although at least 50% of mine are "new" (i.e I put soft-capped heads on the bodies of the British troops, added horse artillery, updated some of the machine guns, gave a similar "look" to each nation's artillery, etc, etc). Allard seems to be heavily involved in real life at the moment, so after some initial consultations I've pretty much carried the ball to this point. Hopefully he'll pop back into the picture.

SCDARS: I think you guys will like the rivers. Hopefully another "of course, why didn't I think of that?!" moment.

Bebro: This is the first time I've done a "scenario preview" BEFORE completing all the work. Hopefully I won't suffer the jinx that seems to affect most of these announcements. The research, map, & units are all in place, but there's still a LOT of work left. I'd like to think it's a month away, but probably it's more like two. As the events are tested and each area is solidified, I'll post more "teasers".

Polaris: I haven't heard of Scott before, is this his first scenario?

Back to work!!

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

World War I is Scott's favorite period of history. I've talked with him over ICQ. He has been working on the scenario a while, but he can't seem to finish due to lack of time and periodical loss of interest.
                  Please Visit:
                  http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Try my WWI scenario available at the CSC if you are looking for ahistorical content.

BTW, is the secret feature borders?

------------------
                    Leons Petrazickis (St. Leo)
                    http://aventine.cf-developer.net/minizigg/
                    petrazi@sprint.ca
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I was involved in this with Kull at the start, but I seem to have no time to make my promises about this true.

Still, Kull has completely recreated my scenario, you could easily say he created a whole new scenario, instead of continuing it.
                      Kull has some amazing ideas, very revolutionary, which I am of course not going to give away now.

The borders are just one little part of the new ideas. It simply serves to give the player a sense of reality and also of where he is at the moment with his offensive..
                      All I can say, is that almost all things in Terrain2.gif are used for different things than normally.

Comment

quote:

but he can't seem to finish due to lack of time and periodical loss of interest.

I know what that's like. I'm looking at my NATO vs Warsaw PAct scenario again, for the third time. Good scenarios are just so fun to plan and so tedious to build that you want to do more planning and less actual building.

Comment

Allard: The last time we spoke, you said you'd created some new French & Russian faces for the people.gif file. Could you please, please, please, please, please, please send them to me????? Yes????

Comment

WooHoo! I remember bothering Allard about this a while ago! Glad to see someone picked this up!
                            Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Working...
                            X