Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 Scenario creators....

Here is your next assignment:
    The civ world needs a BALANCED(fairly anyway) WW2 scenario for multiplay.

You know the civs,you know the units...now get into it!
    Should be capable of standing up to 4 human players.

I'll expect it to be ready for d/l by no later than Thursday of next week

What scenario would you recommend for MP until this is ready?
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Kobayashi's Zweiter Weltkrieg was designed to be multi-player.

------------------
    All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Alcib, thanks for the vote of confidence. Did you get my e-mail, I am going to remove the city bribing like you suggested.
      This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Yes I did, and I sent a new game your way, to your office e-mail.

------------------
        All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

The WWII Scenario I am making is designed for multiplayer. It is a world map that is huge.

186 x 148

To put the size in perspective, the United States is 24 squares wide as opposed to only 12 squares wide in the regular World map. Also, the Pacific Ocean is huge. Hawaii is 24 tiles away from the coast in America.

I am looking for help, but there wil be the ability for Humans to play the MGE as the Americans, British, Germans, Japanese, Soviets, adn if you are daring, the Chinese.

------------------
          "Every man dies, but not every man really lives."
          -William Wallace in Braveheart

Comment

SOME GAMEPLAY ISSUES:

Captain Nemo was kind enough to give me a bunch of ideas to use...

-The only major shield production is from factories. Factories can only be built on plains. That way, I can decide where I want the big unit producing cities to be by loading it with factories, etc...

-There will be no railroads. Instead, the railroads will be changed into suburbs, and they will be in the large populated area such as US East coast, Europe, adn parts of Japan.

-I willLimit the size of any new cities built (Make Aquaduct = Civilian Population, limit size to 2) Aquaduct can't be built... New cities can only be "Military bases" limited to size 2.  All existing cities at the start of the game have "Civilian Population" and can grow)

-I have some other ideas on how the units will work, and I'll let you know details in a few days when I am more sure.

-Technologies are going to be geared more towards industry and economy and less with units

-Hills are going to change to evergreen forest because hills and mountains serve the same purpose

-Swamps will become rice paddies because there are very few large enough swamps on an Earth map. This way, I will be able to support large city populations in the east without unrealistic farming.

That should be enough for now, but I NEED HELP, anything you can offer, even if it is just ideas or somethign like that.

Thanks, Pap

------------------
            "Every man dies, but not every man really lives."
            -William Wallace in Braveheart

Comment

At some point in the future, when I've finished the Atomic Age, I was going to rewrite my Global WW2 scenario using my 90x120 world map (still for FW).
              "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

What happens when a city is captured and the city improvement "civilian population" is destroyed?
                The strategically impaired,
                -Cal

Comment

If Civilian population is destroyed the city can't grow anymore. Realistic, I would say when you look at what happened to the cities that were captured during WWII: Stalingrad annihilated, Warsaw a ruin for the rest of the war, Kharkov down to 30% of original population, Kiev and Minsk ghost cities...the same with all the German cities in 1945. This will not happen to all captured cities but capture them twice or three times and there is nothing left!

Comment

Waiting to see your first beta. How about giving us an idea how you are going to split the units between the tribes. I already had a lot of trouble just trying to split the units into Axis, Allies and Soviets in my smaller Europe version.
                    This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Some Ideas:
                      -To allow the USA to mount a strategic bombing campaing, give the bombers a range of 4. This worked well in Captain Nemo & Harlan Thompson's WW2 scenarios
                      -Include the B-29! This Aircraft was unquestionably the best bomber of WW2, and played a more significant role then aircraft like the British Mosqito which are generally included in WW2 scenarios

'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                      X