A hex editing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hex editing question

Is it possible to change the default setting for events created caravans? I'm interested in creating food caravans by events. Thanks.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

This is purely speculation, but it seems that if the caravan is homed to a city with three existing trade routes, that MIGHT generate a food caravan.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

I appreciate the suggestion Kull, but it won't work for what I have in mind. Any other ideas?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

unfortunately, that tool is only for ToT.

I'm trying to figure it out still... I'm closer I think.

Comment

Event created caravans seem to always be Hides, the first commodity, which is 0x00 (hex). Your goal is to make it a Food Caravan 0xF0.

Obviously, you hex edit a unit in the game, however, you want to create a modified unit through events. Hum …

Well, a method to toggle a bit in a unit is what is needed and the only way to do that, that I know of, is by using a beta program that Angelo Scotto is working on. His program allows a designer to modify the values in memory while the game is running.

Comment

This IS for Test of Time! What do I need to do?

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
            X