No announcement yet.

Naval Warfare with Missile Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DV's post instantly reminded me of the 2-ranged fighters suggested in SL's tips section. Would torpedo bombers and navy fighters, all based from carriers, function as intended if they were given the 2-range? Has anyone tried this?

Exile
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Bump...

Just to see if perhaps Case or Bebro could add to this topic with their experiences form their naval-heavy scenarios.

Comment

Re: Bump...

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
        Just to see if perhaps Case or Bebro could add to this topic with their experiences form their naval-heavy scenarios.
        I didn't use any missile type units, but I did use aircraft with the submarine flag with good results. The B-24 and Wellington units have the sub flag on, and the AI uses them well.
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Anybody remember this thread about the spear throwers on a inversed terrain?

This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Re: Bump...

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
            Well, I learned most from other designers (esp Cpt.Nemo). For SubWar I used several events to create sea/air units in ocean areas. Their creation points are directly in the path of the players routes.

Often, units that are too weak do simply not attack significant stronger units, even if their tribe is expansionist/aggressive, so if you want that they attack, adjust their combat strength
            Blah

Comment

Working...
            X