Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could somebody "Hex-edit" me a new Civilization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could somebody "Hex-edit" me a new Civilization?

I want a new civ in my "Shaibani" scenario. I'd do it all over again, but I'm finished with all the city placement/advancing, unit placement etc. As I was now working the events file I came to realize that I ned a 7th civ! Now, I'm afraid of doing this myself since I'm really terrible at hex-editing and so on, and I'm afraid to wreck my files. Couold somebody put in a new civilization via hex-editing for me? Nemo, I'm looking especially in your direction, since you put in the Americans into RF!

Thanks.

------------------
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!
    Mighty Carthage fought three wars:
    It was still mighty after the first one, still inhabitable
    after the second one;
    It could not be found after the third one.
    -Bert Brecht

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
    Follow the masses!

hey, I didn't know that there's actually a possibility to hex-edit nwe civs into a game file... does this also work with mre than 7 civs?

Comment

Sorry I cant really help stefan, mabey alhard can help (he seems to know everything about hex editing )

Andz:

Not exactly you can't make new civs (beyond 7), but I hear that you can make barbarians playable
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Wow, a chance for a cheap plug.

You can do this yourself with CivTweak version 1.4.
        It has a function to enable disabled tribes. After you tweak your save file, go into civ ii and create settlers and cities.

Get it at http://users.sgi.net/~harden/utils.html

------------------
        "There is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp."
        "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
        --

Comment

I can vouch for Gothmog's program. It works and it's easy. It's that kind of stuff that keeps Civ II interesting after all these years. Thanks, C.F.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks, that is an impressive little program! I guess it'll remove all my sorrows
            Follow the masses!

Comment

If you have a problem with the program I can do it for you "manually"... I had the same problem when designing Red Front.

Comment

Working...
              X