Forum Name Restored... The End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Name Restored... The End

I believe I found solution amicable to all of this considered since the break-up of this, the originally and long-standing "Paradox Games" forum. It takes into account concerns that I have raised in previous threads, and concerns others have raised in response.

The solution is this: re-uniting the forum... but with a different title.

Therefore, welcome to the "4X Strategy Games" forum; for discussion on this sub-genre of strategy games, see:

PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

I think it would be useful to clarify that this is for grand strat games in a historical setting, and ones with a considerable degree of detailed historical accuracy in rules set.

So that some newbie doesnt post here what belongs in a Civ, SMAC, or MOO forum.

I dont think the forum needs to be confined to the products of any one company, but I think we know what an EUish game is.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I agree. Sorry to be such a pain on this (especially as I'm not really affected) but this is a strange split for the forums. A Paradox Games forum is so much clearer.

Comment

There will no longer be a forum dedicated to one company's titles for reasons previously cited, though I will emphasize that what was a "strange split" to me for Apolyton's forums was (still) having one dedicated to a single company's titles. The counterarguments against splitting coverage on a title/series basis in response to this consideration were and are just as strong.

If "newbies" -- or whomever for that matter -- are still not clear given the references already, I trust that other/existing members of the Apolyton community will be both constructive and friendly in clarifying. On a related point then, to 'lord of the mark' for http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=164251. This brings up another justifiable reason for renaming this forum where, in part, some may not be familiar with the Paradox name.

Truth be told, this approach pleases me more than any others. at me for not thinking it sooner, but for no one suggesting it to me either.
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Nevertheless (and regardless of what gets posted in LotM's thread) now there will be uncertainty around threads on all other games similar to Paradox games. Some threads will end up here and some will end up in OG.

Or, otherwise (and hopefully the case) this will just become the de facto Paradox forum just without being called that. Again potentially confusing for those that actually want to post about Paradox games. Threads will end up having to be moved here for sure.

It's just unnecessarily messy in my view.

Comment

The world will end because of this change. Thanks a lot, DanQ.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Australia has already imploded upon itself.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I think I win.

Comment

I'm/we're still not pleasing everyone. What else is new?

Originally posted by Tacc
                  The world will end because of this change. Thanks a lot, DanQ.
                  Well, that was predictable.

Comment

I suppose this follow the "If it's working well then we need to screw it up" theory.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

All right -- this issue has clearly polarized the community. It was never my intention, but as an expression goes "the road to hell"...

I'm tired of debating this... it's a waste of time and energy on everyone's parts. I thought I was helping by expanding this forum's scope, but that was definitely not the end result.

I've reverted the name back to "Paradox Games". Now I'm sure we're done with it. Now, if Paradox were to change their company name...

Comment

Paradox did already change Name from Paradox Entertainment to Paradox Interactive
                        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I think this is the right way to go.

Comment

I think I missed something ...

No smart alecky followup comments from anybody named anything like DrTike necessary ...

Comment

4X would also include Civ and all, Grand Strategy would be very fitting, "Paradox" is just very reducing, although there are few other companies who have published successful games in this sector. At the moment can't think of one other game.

Comment

Working...
                              X