when to get AGC-EEP mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to get AGC-EEP mod

Ive played three full games of EU2 Spain and Russia from 1419, and England from 1492. Ive also played partway as Austria, Turkey, Sweden.

Im thinking now is the time to get AGC-EEP, for something different. OTOH ive never played most of the powers in the original, and ive never done a later start than 1492. So do you think Id be missing something if I started playing AGC_EEP now, and not playing more vanilla EU2?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Install AGC-EEP and you can still play vanilla if you wish.

It really comes down to whether you prefer a more random game with vanilla or the extra events in AGC-EEP that promote a more "historical" flow.

Actually I prefer the Europa Portugalis mod (although AFAIK it hasn't been worked on for a while).
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
      Install AGC-EEP and you can still play vanilla if you wish.

It really comes down to whether you prefer a more random game with vanilla or the extra events in AGC-EEP that promote a more "historical" flow.

Actually I prefer the Europa Portugalis mod (although AFAIK it hasn't been worked on for a while).
      Yeah, I thought I could still play vanilla, but Im not inclined to jump back and forth. I guess i was looking for either "yeah AGC is the greatest thing since sliced bread, dont bother playing vanilla, youve got the idea" or " or "theres way more gameplay in vanilla, you really MUST play Venice on vanilla, it just isnt the same on AGC-EEP"
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

It's purely a matter of taste. I'm actually playing England 1419 in vanilla now, my first game of EU2 for several months and I'm enjoying it. If I play another game I'll probably fire up EP (which is based on AGC-EEP).

The only answer I can really give is to try a mod with a country you have played in vanilla and see if you like the mod.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
          It's purely a matter of taste. I'm actually playing England 1419 in vanilla now, my first game of EU2 for several months and I'm enjoying it. If I play another game I'll probably fire up EP (which is based on AGC-EEP).

The only answer I can really give is to try a mod with a country you have played in vanilla and see if you like the mod.
          well i fired it up as Spain, and that was kinda the problem, I didnt feel real eager to play Spain again when there were so many other countries i hadnt played. The map looked less attractive, the one new historical event i got to was good, I liked the reminder to change sliders (though im sure that gets annoying) I looked over and was ok with some of the map and culture changes, and beyond that I wasnt altogether clear on whats different.

Comment

Working...
          X