I've only ever liked EU2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've only ever liked EU2...

...I was wondering if anyone else feels the same way? I admit I haven't played all Paradox's games but I thought Crusader Kings was pretty bad, and HOI2 Doomsday looks good but I don't have the patience for that much micromanagement right now. Hopefully EU3 will be great.
    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

I liked EU2 most too, but I also think HOI DD is good. CK is simply not my cup of tea, and it also doesn't run well on my machine.....
    Blah

Comment

You haven't seen micromanagement if you haven't played Victoria.

HOI2 is just so damn slow on my machine, HOI is fine though. Just conquere all of S America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia as Argentina. Can do much more if arsed. Luckily the US weren't in the war.

Comment

I've enjoyed all the paradox games.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Crusader Kings makes for a very fun roleplaying game.

Europa Universalis 2 is just all around good.

Victoria... well, there are things stoping me form really liking it. I'm waiting for the expansion.

Hearts of Iron is alot of fun, but the games don't tend to be dynamic as the others, although that is less so with Doomsday.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
            You haven't seen micromanagement if you haven't played Victoria.

HOI2 is just so damn slow on my machine,
            Strange, on my comp CK is much slower than DD. And DD has far less CTDs.
            Blah

Comment

CK works fine but also gets slow.

Comment

I disslike CK, love HoI2 and EU2.
                I like victoria but I can never seem to "get" how to play it well. I'm allways just barely getting on.
                No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Henrik, that's exactly how I feel about Victoria!

Comment

What kind of PC do you need to make HOI2 Doomsday run really fast? I would be able to stand it then I think... All the micromanagement timing attacks, etc seems a bit much though.

Comment

EU2 was how I became interested in Paradox's games. I hope EU3 will not disappoint.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It already does, being all about graphics and changing interface and all. A Paradox game MUST use the primitive general interface as EU1, otherwise it will be rejected by the community. Even HOI2 is more traditional in interface than what EU3 seems to become.

Comment

Etchy
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

You disagree? Keep that to yourself.

Comment

The 3D in EU3 does look worse so far... heh.

Comment

Working...
                              X