Vicky: Forming Italy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicky: Forming Italy.

Since Paradox's website seems to be down yet again I will post my question here. What does it take to form Italy and when can it be done? I've taken all of the ethnic Italian proviences except for Tuscony and Napoli but even those two states are my vassals. It's currently 1860 so maybe the date has something to do with it and I have to wait for the historical date of Italies unification though I think that would be lame. Hopefully it just happens when the criteria are met and that the year has no berring on it.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

There were multiple threads about it IIRC.
    The only thing i remember at the moment though, I'm afraid, is that I think there was something in there somewhere that wasn't implicitly obvious.
    You could just check the events file but I for one really dislike doing that. It just feels a bit much like cheating somehow ...

Comment

IIRC, you need to occupy each one of the Italian minor capitals.
      "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
      --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
        There were multiple threads about it IIRC.
        Yes there is but since Paradox has been down for several days it is hard to read them.

Comment

Oerdin, here is a link to an AAR of mine as Sardinia-Piedmont. There may a reference to the requirements in there, don't recall.

Sardinia-Piedmont AAR
          I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."

Comment

Would be nice to know which country you´re playing

The trigger is:
            Code:
            trigger = {
            #		event = 5801
            		control = { province = 737 data = SAR } # Naples
            		control = { province = 840 data = SAR } # Parma
            		control = { province = 841 data = SAR } # Modena
            		control = { province = 843 data = SAR } # Massa/Lucca
            		control = { province = 846 data = SAR } # Firenze
            		control = { province = 855 data = SAR } # Roma
            	}
            Note that the "event 5801" is cut out, so it isn´t needed. (It was the Italian Question, where you could chose to fight all of Italy or let the moment pass)
            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
            Let me eat your yummy brain!
            "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Sardinia-Piedmont. Thanks.

Comment

Check http://victoria.nsen.ch/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You'll find a ****load of info there, including the answer to your question.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The more I play Victoria the more I come to the comclusion that the game sucks. It's micromanagement hell without much of a fun upside. EU2 is ace but Vicky...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    The more I play Victoria the more I come to the comclusion that the game sucks. It's micromanagement hell without much of a fun upside. EU2 is ace but Vicky...
                    Yes, it is different. The MM doesn't deter me. The thing that frustrates me is that there are much fewer nations to play in VIC than in EU2. Of course, you can play practically any nation. But, in EU2, I can take Navarra and play a competitive game, if not finish on top. VIC is so set in the age that I find knocking off Great Britain with any nation out of the top tier to be difficult. Not saying no one can do it, I just can't. Yet.

Comment

Hell, I'm still having trouble getting workers to move to my factories. I build them and no one wants to work in them.

Comment

Hell, I'm still having trouble getting workers to move to my factories. I build them and no one wants to work in them.
                        Do you have craftsmen and clerks to work in them, that are not already employeed?

Comment

Educate some of your farmers or laborers to craftsmen and assign them to a factory in that state.

BTW, what do factory clerks do?

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                            BTW, what do factory clerks do?
                            They increase efficiency of the factory, regarding organization, paper work, etc. But, you can only have one for each craftsman.

Comment

Clerks also generate research, making them quite important in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                              X