No announcement yet.

Civilisation Board Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes...I tried the advcivil.bat file, but it just led to a screen filled with ASCII characters...

If we get a third person to fill the PBEM slot, you can email me at phoenixcager@email.com

------------------
    phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
    Visit the CGN forums.

Comment

Not many people read this forum - I'll post on the OT.
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

It's a shame that no one wants to give this a go....
        It would have been fun to be able to try it out.

------------------
        phoenixcager of the Civgaming Network.
        Visit the CGN forums.

Comment

Right, now that term is over, I am now really seriously considering buying this game. I do, however, want to check a couple of things first.

Firstly - how long does an average game take to play?
          Secondly - am I likely to be able to find other players, given I'm the only person I know (for example) that plays Civilisation (Sid Meier) style games?
          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

A typical game takes about 10-12 hours, depending on the number of players and the length of the food breaks.

I have found that a surprising number of people are willing to give board gaming a go, but the time factor may put them off. Plus you really should have at least five people to play it (four as an absolute minimum), so if you do not know any potential players, it could be tough.

Comment

Any further thoughts?

Comment

Go check your university's gamers' club for players. I am sure there's one at Cambridge, after all, you have all sorts of geeks (used in a positive sense) there . Check the Student Union's directory for a Gamers, or Wargaming, or Science Fiction, etc. Club.

BTW you might not need to buy the game. The club might have it, or somebody there might have it.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X