Disciples: Sacred Lands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disciples: Sacred Lands

A friend lended me the game and I have tried it out a bit. The game is quite easy to learn, and is sort of like a cross between AoW and Warlords. It has some RPG elements in the sense that your units and leaders get better with experience.

However the game gets very repetitive very quickly. I am playing scenario two of the Mountain Clans (Dwarfs) campaign. The guards are seriously tough. You can get your stack wiped out easily, and there is no other way than sending in more stacks until you wear them out.

There are also other silly parts, spell research is especially irritating: you have to start from scratch every scenario! That truly doesn't make any sense to me.

Got some good parts, but the bad outweighs the good.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Aborted the Mountain Clains campaign and started The Empire campaign on the easy level as a Mage Lord. I eventually managed to finish the campaign and found the game is more work than play. I felt like I was just grinding away at it until I finished the campaign, at which point it came off my HDD.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
    X