Games we'd like to see...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russell:

"TV Tycoon" has already been made -- as tishco pointed out there was a German game called "MAD TV" (no relation to the awful sketch comedy show, thank goodness) which was like this.

Also might want to check out "Hollywood Mogul" which is the same kind of thing, only with movie studios.

As for a Game Developer Tycoon, if you can read Japanese, Sega put out a game called "Segagaga" for the Dreamcast. Eerily enough, the gist of the game is to save Sega from being destroyed by regaining market share from its evil nemesis ("Dogma corporation") who has burst onto the scene and taken the gaming world by storm (no coincidence the logo of this evil nemesis looks very similar to the original PlayStation logo)..

Dan
    Dan Magaha
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    --------------------------

Comment

Dan,
      Yes, I've got MAD TV but I was thinking on the lines of a serious simluation with far more depth but still fun to play, along the lines of, say, the Championship Manager series. Replace the players with TV shows from around the world to import which would all have their own statistics for ratings potential, cost, length of series etc and/or create your own local productions etc.

By the way, as has been pointed out by Yin, Mall Tycoon has been announced. Go see http://www.avault.com/news/displayne...11282001-91651. I must simply be a man ahead of my time.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

I got a kick out of Jonah Falcon / GamePen's mix-up where they erroneously posted that "Mail Tycoon" had been announced. Half their readers thought it was some kind of sick Anthrax joke and the other half thought it was a Spam simulation =)

Dan
        Dan Magaha
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        --------------------------

Comment

Hey, I'd like to see a really good Civ game!
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
            Hey, I'd like to see a really good Civ game!
            You could always try Civ3. Oh. Wait. You have. Maybe Colonization?

What do you want in a "really good civ game", anyway? The game, I mean, not the hype and peripheral stuff.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
            X