Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone describe, and give pros and cons of Europa Universalis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks - this is a very complex game. Everything works fine once you understand it. You simply can't build armies and then go marching off to war. You will be defeated every time.

There is a downloadable index for the manual at Paradox's forums. There is also a ton of advice there. My best advice is to go to those forums and you will learn everything you need to know about this game. Within a very short period of time everything will make sense. BTW in the next patch a save feature will be available for the tutorial.
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/

------------------
    Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
    That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

If the game prohibits the annexation of a great power, what happens if you occupy all its provinces, destroy its forts, and take its capital city?

Could you strip a great power of all its provinces by occupying them one by one and negotiating them away? If you stripped a great power down to its capital province, what would happen if you then took the capital province?

------------------
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Use the -/+ keys on the number key pad (along with CTRL). Works much better.
        "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

Pros: Incredible historic modeling for a strategy game and to quote Imran, "You have to balance money, technology, religion (especially with the Reformation and all), colonization, trade, and war." Plus, war comes at a price to all facets of the game.

Cons: The Learning Curve is steepest maximus, but it didn't have to be. Even with a verbose manual and a Tutorial, neither one teaches you how to play the game. The manual needs far more gameplay examples (and less historical lessons). If any game cries out for a Straegy Guide out of the box, it's EU.

Comment

Working...
          X