Star Wars PC Flightsim games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars PC Flightsim games

I am growing increasingly fond of the Lawrence Holland range of Star Wars starfighting games, as my housemate has just gotten a copy of X Wing Alliance. Anybody here still play them?

We also have XvT, and TIE Fighter CD kicking around somewhere. What are your craft preferences? What do all those freaky new TIE Experiments do?

Etc.
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

...more specifically, how do you escape from an enemy's tractor beam weapon?
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I am a big fan of XWing, although I haven't been able to get very far. couple of missions, level 3 on the maze. I still think it's the best space sim I've played.

My son (and most people) prefers TIE Fighter. it's a bit easier to fly and has some more flexibility.

I'm afraid we haven't got more than the demo for Alliance, so I can't help you there...
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

My son just told me that he got out of a tractor beam in TIE Fighter, but he's not quite sure how. he hit something that turned him to the tractoring ship, and shot it down. he's not sure what key he hit to do that.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Hmmm. In TIE Fighter the beam weapon just seemed to slow down lateral turning, so in theory it was possible to turn away from your enemy eventually. In XvTIE however, it automatically freezes your opponent to fly in a straight line.

Anybody know anything at all about this game or weapons therein? Surely I can't be the only person playing this superb space flightsim?
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
          X